Chapter 10: The Irony Of Consequences

Pain ran up my legs. Hissing in pain, my eyes quickly scanned the area around me. Finally, I had escaped that dreaded place! Who knows what would have happened if I were to stay there a night longer. Trying to stand, I let a small gasp in pain. My ankle... Stumbling forward I decided my best bet was to get as far away as fast as possible.

Reaching the tree line, a shot sounded "Who's There?" a familiar voice called. Turning to glance at him, Papyrus was knelt with his sniper. Some grocery bags neglected around him. Some men stood in confusion behind him. I didn't move an inch. He stared deeply into the gaze then soon brought down the gun. "______" he sighed bounding up to me. Retreating more into the forest, I tried to get away. "What Are You Doing Out Here?" he questioned, reaching me in a matter of seconds. Still trying to retreat I stumbled backwards. "Don't Be Scared, It's Just Me" he spoke softer. "Are You Hurt?" he noticed my weak steps. "please Papyrus, don't take me back" I pleaded. He looked confused, then after a moment, he sighed. "Sans..." he breathed through clenched teeth. "There's Is No Where To Go For Miles...." he explained, pointing at my ankle. "And With That, You Stand No Chance" he stated. Sans was bound to notice I was missing sooner or later, knowing him, he'd probably send bounties after me.

Before I could think over anymore options, Papyrus scooped me up and carried me back towards the manor.
Desperately, I struggled, longing for any form of escape.

"Stay Calm" he muttered. Opening the door, he brought me back to hell. Arriving at the door, I was quickly halted after the kitchen doors were closed with a small slam. "Evelyn" Papyrus called clearly displeased. A scatter of footsteps soon brought a maid to sight. "Fix Her Up Please" he asked. Glancing at him, I begged for an escape yet he didn't look at me, he just carried on working. "pappy" I breathed in annoyance. "I'll Get It Sorted" he replied solemnly. "this way miss" the maid places and arm around me and lead me out of the massive kitchen. We ended our track in what I presumed was the maids quarters. Sitting me on a bed, she brought out a first aid box. A question crossed my mind "why do you work here?" I bluntly asked. Evelyn turned to me "well honestly, this job pays good" she stated, avoiding my eye contact, and opening the obnoxiously green box. "also the guys are surprisingly not that rude, I didn't really expect it..." she carried on "everyone's got eachother backs here". Wrapping a bandage tightly round my leg she let out a small sigh. "why are you here then?" she asked back. "I don't know" I sighed, aggravated at my situation. Letting out a small laugh, she closed the box, retuning it to its position. "Must be a reason sweetie, the boss doesn't keep just anyone" she replied. "here" she passed me a crutch. "Its only sprained, it should be better in a couple days" I nodded in response thanking her. I had failed to escape... But that doesn't mean I won't continue trying.