Chapter 4 - First Heartbreak Of The Season

Start from the beginning

“Why don’t you come over after school?” Sam suggested, “I’ll get some movies, some ice cream and we’ll have ourselves a girl’s night.” Cherise smiled and nodded at her.

“Euhm…” Sam said hesitantly, “Maybe you want to go to the bathroom before class starts,” she was pointing towards Cherise’s face. Message received and Cherise was off to fix her make-up. They would see each other again at lunch.

***

Cherise was hoping for a quiet lunch, but of course she couldn’t catch a break. The morning had already been bad enough. Everyone had been staring at her. She had tried to fix her face, but you could see she was trying to hold back the tears. Her friends were putting in all the effort to cheer up and they were succeeding, until Zack joined their table.

“Hello ladies,” he greeted them, smiling at her.

“Go away Zack!” Sam was in protective-mode, “This isn’t a good time,” she snarled at him.

“What happened?” He looked concerned at Cherise.

“None of your business!” Timo brought him back out of his stare.

“Says who?” he challenged.

“Says me.” Zack turned his attention back to Cherise.

“It’s obvious you have been crying Cherise. You might as well tell me. Did Thomas hurt you? ‘Cause I will kill him.” He gritted through his teeth, so mad was he. Clenching and unclenching his fists, trying to calm himself. Cherise averted her eyes and didn’t respond.

“Go away,” Sam tried to push him of the bench.

“Fine! But I still want to know what happened,” he conceded and walked away, leaving them in peace.

***

“It’s just so sad.” Cherise was crying again, but this time it was because of the movie they were watching in Sam’s room. They had just finished all the Ben & Jerry’s they could.

“I know,” Sam affirmed. She was getting tired of Cherise’s crying. This was the second movie and there was nothing but tears and some more tears. Sam loved her friend, but she did have a limit when it came to the waterworks.

“Why does he have to leave her like that? You can’t leave her like that,” Cherise shouted towards the TV.

“I know.”

It seemed her friend heard the tension in her voice and suggested to watch something else. Sam all too gladly agreed.

“So how are you feeling, Cherise?”

“I’m alright, I guess. I mean. I just wonder who he fell in love with, you know?” She had finally calmed down; her voice was just still a bit raspy.

“I know,” seemed to be the correct answer.

“Do you think we know the girl?” Cherise asked her.

“I don’t know,” Sam had absolutely no idea. To her the relationship seemed fine, but looks can be deceiving. “You could ask him.”

“No!” Cherise shook her head furiously, “That would sound so desperate!”

Sam just shrugged her shoulders. She believed that when a guy dumped you, you shouldn’t care what else he had to say or do.

“Anyway I should get going. It’s almost curfew.” Cherise grabbed all her stuff, hugged Sam goodbye. “Thanks for everything, Sam.”

“You know it’s no problem,” She hated it when her friends thanked her for something she thought was self-evident. “And just remember Smoke this Saturday,” she added with a big smile.

“Indeed! Don’t forget 8 a.m. at my place.”

It was only the third time today she told her, she couldn’t forget even if she wanted too. She just nodded at her friend. Cherise giggled and made her way out.

With Cherise gone and all her homework done since Sunday, she didn’t have anything to do. Except maybe another chat session with her Guitarboy. It seemed luck was on her side, ‘cause there was a new window blinking on her computer screen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I keep thinking Cherise is way better off without Thomas, that's why I chose this song ^^)

Next chapter will be a bit different, but way more Guitarboy :p

Don’t forget to VOTE and COMMENT <3