Chapter 16 - Saved

FOUR POV

Oh my god, how could I even hesitate about believing tris?! She's hurt, god I should've kept an eye on her. Shes been in the hospital for a whole week and hasn't woken up yet. The doctor says she's in a coma...

I go and visit her everyday and stay with her. I've skipped school, I've even stopped attending some gang meetings. She needs to wake up!

I can't live without her.

I went into her room, my eyes filled with tears, my eyes are big red puffy and have bags from lack of sleep, I was a wreck. I held her hand and spoke some words before leaving.

"Tris baby, hi it's Tobias, its me princess *sob* haha look what you've done, you're making me cry and I never cry sweetie. Um when you do wake up, I'm gonna protect you, you aren't leaving my side, never ever, gangs will start wanting you, people will hurt you so never leave me. Baby all I need you to do is open your eyes *sob* i-i can't live without you! The doctor said they will take you off support tomorrow... i-i don't want them too. Please prove to them you will wake up! Please tris!" I began to sob into her hand, I couldn't hold it in any longer. I might never see her, she might die tomorrow.

Before it got worse, I gave her a kiss on the forehead and her hand and left the room quickly. I went home to cool off, the gang surrounded me in my room,

"Dude, how you holding up? Is she alright?" I didn't answer just shook my head slowly this was the last time we would see her.

"Hey guys I'm a little tired um I'm gonna go sleep, be ready by 9am tomorrow we're going to visit tris together." Immediately there faces lit up and they nodded quickly. I haven't been getting them see tris, its been bad enough me seeing her state but they need to see her, shes like there sister. They need to see her one last time.

They left the room and I slowly drifted off into a deep sleep thinking of tris.

TRIS POV

I could hear every word of Tobias, every visit, every kiss, hug and sob. I need to open my eyes!

I used every ounce of energy trying to lift my eyes open and slowly a bright light blinded me. I could see the white room, I was in a bed, I could see! I was awake!

I felt happy and sad as I woke up alone, no one was here, no sound just the beeping of my IV monitor. I liked around to see if anyone was looking. I had to find four! I ripped the wired away from me and attempted to get up. I was a little dizzy but made it. I was still in the hospital gown.

I saw my possessions next to me. I grabbed my phone, it was dead of course. I looked at the clock and it said 7am, damn it I need to go to four before he leaves for school.

I left the room hoping no one was looking. Just as I was about to keave the hospital,

"Hey! You! Where are you going! Come back!" It was a doctor! No no no I have to go to four! I wanted to show him I was alive!!

I began to run and run and run. I recognised where I was. The time now was 8:55. I found the house and was about to open the door when it opened suddenly. It was Ryan,

"TRIS! What the hell are you doing here!!" He hugged me tight and I cried into his arms. The gang all came out shocked and happy hugging me one by one.

"Hey guys I had to come here, i had to see you, I had to wake up for you" I sobbed then immediately clicked,

"W-wheres four!" They all looked at each other.

"Um Tris Four's having a hard time so maybe I should break the news your alive." I shook my head and shouted,

"TELL ME WHERE HE IS!" They all looked scared,

"U-um he's in h-his room" I nodded and walked up the stairs. And knocked on his door.

"T-Tobias?" I called for him. Then I heard a worried voice from his room.

"Who's there?" I sobbed right by the door trying not to make it obvious.

"U-um please don't freak out b-but its m-me t-t-t-tris" I sighed breathing out a big gasp of air and I then heard heavy footsteps running closer to the door. It swung open and Tobias was standing there in tears and he looked terrible.

He looked so shocked oh my,

"TRIS!!!" He came and hugged me so tightly but not so much as to hurt me. I hugged back hard and we both cried.

"T-tobias I missed you so much. I could hear you and feel you but I couldn't move!" I sobbed in his chest.

"Baby it's okay, I'm here, I'm here" he kept rubbing his fingers in circles on my back and whispering sweet things into my ear.

"T-tobias?" He looked up at me,

"Yes princess" I hugged him tight whispering into his ear,

"I-i love you so much" he chuckled and replied,

"I love you too princess" I leaned back and looked into his gorgeous eyes.

I leaned in slowly and so did he. I could feel his breathe on my lips, slowly I closed the gap and we kissed for a while. I love him so much.

2 months later

It's now been 6 months with four oh it's been amazing!

"Babe!" I jumped hearing his voice.

"H-hey Tobias! Sorry I fell asleep" he barged into the room with worry on his face. I chuckled

"Toby I'm fine honest" he hugged me ,

"Sorry it's just ever since you went back to school I feel scared you're going to get hurt." I love him,

"I'm gonna be fine, besides, having the scariest gang leader as your boyfriend has its advantages haha." we laughed.