Chapter 1 - Hi I'm Tris

\\I'm sorry if there are any mistakes this is my first ever story!\\

TRIS POV

Hi my name is Beatrice prior but my mother always called me Tris.

My early years of life were amazing, I never cried and always smiled. My mother and I did everything together mostly sang and dad tried to spend time with us when he could. He was always busy with work, he was a chief police officer. My dad was the coolest around, always calling me his little angel. I was happy all the time...

Until one day....

My mother tragically died in a car accident, she had been to get me a last minute birthday present for my 10th birthday the day after my birthday but she didn't make it home that night.

I remember seeing red and blue flashing lights coming from my bedroom window, I peered through the curtains that revealed police cars. A man slowly got out and approached my door, I didn't hear quite what the man said but the front door suddenly slammed. I stayed in mand then my father suddenly yelled up at me,

"Beatrice! Get down here now!".

He had never yelled at me before, I didn't understand what was going on but I walked down the stairs to him to find a beer bottle in his hand. He waddled towards me, I thought he was hurt. He slurred at me and glared directly at me, piercing into my eyes.

"You did this to her! You killed your own mother! You were selfish! You made her leave and she died!" He cried angrily.

I finally understood the situation and tried to keep calm but silent tears were pouring out of my widened in shock eyes. I was about to approach him and attempt to calm him down. But a sharp tingle occurred on my right cheek. I lift my eyes up to a large hand shaking in the air and wide eyes appeared on my father along with my own eyes whilst raising my hand to my cheek.

He had slapped me, he hit me, his own daughter. That was the last time I saw regret in his eyes and never saw that thin mouth of his smile again. He whispered to me,

"Never tell anyone about this or I will end you and that's a promise!" He cried running off with regret and fear.

A struck of fear hit me and I felt sweat dripping down my back.

Mother said to never stopped smiling, I was to be happy and selfless and cheerful. I had to do that for my mum she always did for me even when I knew sometimes she couldn't bare to smile.

From that day on, I was his own personal punch bag for when he would come home drunk and depressed. I would never cry because that was weakness, I lived through the pain and tried my best to keep others happy never drawing attention to myself... that's what mum would've wanted... right?

My days of being a teenager were awful. I didn't have any friends, I was bullied alot. I was called the nerd. My mother died, the least I could do was make her proud and get good grades.

Everyday I would wake up at 5am, clean the house, make breakfast for dad before he woke up maybe I'd get hit. I would walk to school, be bullied all day and then finally walk home, get beaten by my father after I made him tea and then finally go to sleep.

That was my life...

That was hell...

No one could save me...