Chapter 12 - I'm Fine

I woke up to find four or should I say Tobias gone. I stood up carefully and observed my surroundings. I could tell it was Four's room because my window was opposite.

I walked downstairs. He was asleep on the couch. I decided to make pancakes for all the boys. By the time I had finished I herd 'awws' and footsteps behind me. I turned and saw all three boys staring at me with softened faces.

"Hey boys what's up?" I smiled and walked to the table with the pancakes. I was trying to keep smiling not giving any sign of fear.

They sat down at the table and smiled at me as if waiting for me to say something. I decided to tease a bit and said,

"I just made some pancakes for myself, i hope you don't mind" they looked disappointed and angry haha I loved it. Four looked so cute pouting.

I then brought three more plates and put it in front of them. I said,

"Boys I'm joking haha enjoy" there faces lit up and they tucked in attempting to mouth a thank you. Seeing them happy, my best friends smile made me think that all my work to be selfless was for this. To see my friends happy.

I suddenly remember Marcus! Oh no he will be mad! He's probably sobered up by now maybe even woken up! Wait I have to go quickly hes probably still at work! I got up and they asked where I was going. I said to get something from Four's room that I left. They bought the bate and I quickly went to his room and climbed through the window to my room.

I couldn't hear anything, i went downstairs to clean up everything before Marcus got home, I scrubbed and scrubbed it away with tears silently rolling down my cheeks as the memories burned into my mind again. I can't tell four if it happens again that's selfish!

I herd a big SLAM as the door burst open. Marcus came in and said,

"There you are! Come here!"

He grabbed my arm and pulled, I herd a big snap and instant pain shot through my arm, he broke it! Oh no no no, I was scared. He punched my arm and stabbed me in my side. He left the house whilst seeking and saying,

"Thats for being a little bitch and not doing your job!! You told them didn't you! You will be fine by tonight for my punishment. I'm off to get my medal of honour! If you dont clean this up I swear I will kill him!" He walked out of the door chuckling, he was gone for now.

I was laying on the floor in pain but I just can't tell four or marcus would hurt him so I went to clean up everything quickly before they noticed I took to long. My arm was already swelling up. I put on a black top just in case the blood soaked through so no one would notice.

I walked back through the window trying not to cry out or make a sound of anything. I was breathing heavily and then when I had calmed down I walked silently down stairs and smiled at them still eating.

They looked up instantly and smiled back in relief.

"We thought you were having a poo on the toilet! hahaha" Eric said whilst four and max laughed along, oblivious to any sign I had been crying or that i was in pain which was good to see. I knew they were trying to cheer me up.

I was struggling to contain the pain and the tears but I just laughed along even though it was fake. We all laughed together for a while. My arm was really starting to swell and hurt. The blood was soaking my shirt, this wasn't good. I said to them trying not to stutter,

"H-hey I'm going to g-go to the b-bathroom" crap... I stuttered but I kept smiling widely to them hoping they wouldn't catch on...

Too late... there smiles began to fade but I walked out before they could comment. Shit this isn't good.
I sat down on the toilet seat locking myself in the bathroom and said to my self out loud to calm me down as usual,

"It's okay
It's okay
He's gone
He's gone
He won't hurt me
He can't hurt me
Smile
Don't cry
Suck up the pain
You're worthless remember that
Four and max and Eric can't be doing with taking care of you! You can't be selfish you can't!
Mummy im sorry I'm selfish!" I cried and cried so much with blood dripping from my t shirt onto the white tiles that laid the floor.

I herd a knock on my door and I answered shakily,

"Y-yes!" I herd mutters, it was the boys! oh no I was a mess and blood was everywhere!

"Come on we know you're in pain just tell us what's wrong princess." I cried even more now and heard max whisper,

"Holy crap this must be serious, she never cries!" He was so wrong. I'm always crying.

I opened the door and rushed into Four's arms and cried my heart out to him. I heard gasps as they all saw the blood on the floor. The door suddenly knocked and four glanced for Eric to answer it so he left the room.

Four tried to get me to calm down and explain what's wrong. I heard chatter downstairs which sounded like more than two people talking. It was the gang! I was so happy but so scared at the same time because they would see me crying and so vulnerable looking once again.

FOUR POV

She was a mess, I couldn't tell where the blood was from, my hand was soaked in it as was her t shirt. I grabbed her right arm suddenly and she yellped In pain backing onto the floor and into the corner.

She hid away her right arm and said "I'm f-fine" still crying. My blood was boiling with anger at her father who I knew did this! But when??? She went back???

Tris said shakily,

"I-im sorry Tobias I'm so sorry I had to go back quickly! I'm sorry!! He would've come for me! I was scared! Please don't hate me!" She tucked her head in her knees and sobbed.

I heard footsteps run up the stairs and in entered the gang, lucy, Arron, Zeke, will, Christina, Peter, al and Sharon. My 8 best fighters and protectors and Tris' best friends. They joined max and Eric who all crowded behind me staring at Tris who was pale and hiding her arm so no one could see it, almost like she was protecting it.

I knelt down to her and she shivered and shook violently crying her eyes out and breathing heavily. The gang had never seen her cry before, only i had.

I crawled over slowly to her and held her face, I kissed her forehead to tell her it was okay. She calmed down slowly and resumed normal breathing. I slowly reached towards the arm she was hiding and whispered,

"Come on princess, show me, it's okay, I'll help" she nodded slowly and removed her right arm from her back. Gasps were the only sound in the room, her arm was three times the size it should be, the bone stuck up under the skin, it was obvious it was broken. It was purple and brown, bruising everywhere, she whimpered.

I was at my limit and shouted,

"THAT'S IT! CHRISTINA! LOOK AFTER HER!" Christian jolted up and nodded and walked towards tris.

I on the other hand left the room with the rest of the gang and walked to the house to find Marcus. I will not let him harm my princess!

This is his death wish!

This is the last time he will do anything to her!