Preface: Momento Mori

Hello!!!

Finally, the edited version of TGWCB is here! Before the story begins I would like to thank Twihard9 and MusicIs4Eva for editing and supporting me through writing this.... Its been hard... :(

If anyone EVER needs an editor MusicIs4Eva (prastrandra) is fantastic and will give you meaningful, helpfull advice. She is really nice too. ^.^

Please enjoy the new edited Preface: Momento Mori, or Moment to die!! Thank you for reading!

 VOTE FAN COMMENT CRITICISE

 ~Sheep Grl out *waves*

The moment we became alive,

Death was waiting, chasing.

And all of us fell,

And kept on breathing.

-Uncle Bobby, Flyleaf.

Preface: Momento Mori

Her wings stretched out under the moons watchful brilliance; a silver plate of gleaming power radiating from the dark sky. The night was just how she liked it; a dark, brooding blue, with scattered specks of shining stars.

The world was portrayed in such monotonous silvers and greys...so much so that she forgot to observe it moving around her. Something else was on her mind...

A night lit up by the full moon was a werewolf's playground: an obscured, uncultivated part of the woods where a cemetery dwelled.

But tonight, she was not scared of a futile lycanthrope. She was scared of him.

Lurking within the trees, near where she prayed against a crumbling cross, he watched her. He had been doing so for a long time now; devouring her with his heated stare.

He too, glowed under the dark canopy of the reaching tree limbs, and like the moon, it felt as though he had his own orbit, pulling her closer...

She tilted her head towards the foggy distance, listening to him move; past the gates and headstones of the filthy cemetery he stalked her.

Gentle footsteps loudly splintered the deadened branches beneath his feet, curling over his boots like tiny hands, breaking and clawing through the leather exterior.

A small strangled scream managed to escape her throat. She slowly began to back away from his alluring presence, not ceasing until her tattered, blackened wings crushed against the cold stone.

Even as powerful as she was, she could not help but be tormented by him.

The girl's heavy breaths began to form a cloud in the small space between them, almost like a barrier. He smiled at her greedily, gluttony fuelled by immortal power and lust.

"What are you doing here?" Her words came out flustered and frightened; her fingers fluttering across the large headstone for anything she could use to incapacitate him.

He opened his perfect lips, almost as if he was going to answer her; but what was the point of wasting his precious breath on telling her things she already knew?

His gaze fell onto her own, darkening with an animalistic desire; primitive even. She had the sudden, terrifying thought that he would pounce on her, feed from her, kiss her, touch her... Every second staring into his eyes brought forth a new wave of fear and abhorrence.

"It's been so long..." He sighed lying as he twisted a strand of her blood red hair between his fingers. To others eyes it might seem like a gesture of love, affection... but to her it were a threat, one that had her cringing away and shaken to her core.

He nuzzled the crook of her neck, inhaling deeply; the monster in him rejoiced at the feel of blood rushing beneath her skin.

"Please..." she said finally, using what little courage she had left to speak. Her almost silent voice filled his empty heart with longing, reminding him what he had lost.

"I-I never...loved...y-you."

Lowering her eyes from the harsh colours around her, she turned to face him as if she still held a thread of the golden power that had run through her fingers, not that long ago.

"I don't love you. I've never loved you! You're a monster! Stop it with your games and LEAVE ME ALONE!"

His mouth formed a smile; a cruel smile. He looked almost amused; his eyes screaming what his mouth needn't do 'We're both monsters'.

The girl would deny the fact if she could, but she was a monster, a murderer...at least in the eyes of those who know, and herself; especially herself, she'll confess that much.

The man - captive inside the body of a handsome, monstrous boy - pondered for a moment. His thoughts were annoyed at how he hadn't achieved his goal. He was agitated and starving; he had come for a meal he was yet to receive.

"Please..." he pleaded, falling to his knees in defeat. He was too desperate to think much of the shame he'd brought upon himself. He, who had become so strong, begging for the nourishment he required. The blood was what kept him...alive, in a sense; it gave him meaning; no, it gave him power. Without the blood he was nothing again. After decades of building up the power that had the noblest of men begging for mercy, he could not afford to lose it.

"Not now."

Interpreting it as an opportunity to see her again, he broke away from her and fled. He left no tracks as he ran into the dark forest; bleached black and white from the moon rays he blended into the pallid greys in a dark blur.

Away from sight, it felt as though an enormous pressure had been lifted; no more was there the glow of aesthetic purity. He was again weak, withered and blended into the grey landscape as if they were a single entity.

The girl screamed into the ferocious wind, blowing her crimson locks across her tear streaked face. She tightened her grip around herself as her wings curled around her defensively, pressing against her lover's headstone.

"My Beloved, return to me!" She cried; her wailing voice fought against the roaring wind for domination.

She quietened almost immediately; it wasn't control she desired... just him. Her Beloved... An impossibility as he resided in heaven now, waiting.

The melting snow morphed around her pale, sallow body. She was dying and alone, but not afraid. No...because soon she would die and be with her Beloved...