First Impressions....

Lucy's POV

"There she is," Gray whispered, nudging me softly. He nodded to the stairs leading up to ground level, and Aramantha was beginning to climb up there.

"Is anyone with her?" I whispered back, thinking about how lucky we were, actually being able to hear each other. It was a miracle, really, since it was just so crowded.

"I don't think so," Gray replied slowly, his eyes following Aramantha upstairs. There was nobody that was following her, and I couldn't help but feel quite worried.

"Let's go," Wendy decided on the other side of me. Natsu grinned in front of me.

We rushed upstairs, and froze when we saw where we were.

It was a really beautiful place, that was obviously showing off it's history and culture. It was rather crowded, but not that so it was uncomfortable. There was a cheerful atmosphere in the air, and everyone was talking and laughing. People were running and walking everywhere, seeming to exactly know where to go. I could faintly hear the gentle waves slapping by the shore in the distance, and the children's laughter as they played in the ocean.

"This place is so....peaceful," I realized, summing up everything. It was a place where you wouldn't expect anything dramatic to happen. It just seemed like a very quiet and peaceful place where everyone could just live their lives happily with each other. It seemed to like a perfect place to settle down after retirement.

"Uh....Aramantha?" Natus prompted, looking around. We snapped back to our goal, and scanned the area.

"I don't see her anywhere," Wendy said, concern entering her voice. Happy was hovering in the air with Carla, and they both shook their heads.

"There's just too many people walking around that look alike. We can't tell which one is Aramantha. There are so many kids here," Carla explained, sounding rather worried.

"Let's go and look around," Gray suggested. We started walking forward slowly. People were giving us friendly looks all over the place, and some even came up to us to greet us and welcome us (was it that obvious that we didn't belong here?).

"Hello, welcome to this place. Do you need any help?" A man came up to us, with a pretty lady holding his hand. The lady took off her hat, and bowed to us, smiling as well.

"No, I think we're-"

"Yes, actually," I cut Natsu off, suddenly getting an idea. Natsu gave me a glance, but didn't say anything. He probably knew I had an idea in mind.

"What is it?" The lady asked, not sounding impatient at all. She sounded like she would be happy to guide us around the town for as long as we would like. Everyone here did really appear to be really nice. On the outside, at least.

"We're looking for a little girl that we're supposed to meet. We're supposed to give her the schoolwork she has to do, but we can't find her," I began.

The lady raised an eyebrow, "there's a lot of lovely little girls here. I don't think we would be able to know them all by name, though."

"But I'm sure you know this girl," Gray pressed, getting what I was trying to do. I shot him a thankful look.

"Who is it?" The man asked, now looking slightly interested.

"Her name is Aramantha," I stated, and immediately, the couple widened their eyes in understanding.

"Oh, her. She's the daughter of that family that owns a huge business, right? They're the most famous family around here. I'm actually surprised that they choose to live here. I mean, this is such a small and quiet place. They could've chosen more.....business-like places to live, but they seem very happy living here. That makes me glad. I'm happy that they're feeling very much at home just as the rest of us are," The man explained, smiling. He really was glad.

"Do you know where they live?" Natsu asked.

"Live? Of course, they live at the biggest house there is in this town where people can live in! It's a huge mansion that's pure white. You'll be able to find it if you just keep on going straight, and then turn a left where there's a big parking lot in the cornor. You'll see it right away then," The lady informed us.

"Thank you very much," Gray thanked, bowing.

"You're welcome!" The man replied, and they began walking away hand in hand. We started walking the other way as well, but then the man called out, "wait!"

"Yes?" Wendy asked, tipping her head to one side in curiousty.

"Why do you want to go there?" The man asked, frowning. This was the first time I had seen a person frown in this place, and I was slightly thankful in a way. It was getting a bit too cheerful for my taste so far.

"We need to find the daughter to give her schoolwork," I repeated my lie.

The man smiled, "she's homeschooled."

Before we could defend ourselves, the man raised his hand.

"I don't really want to know your real reason. You must have one that's very important, if you came all the way here to meet their daughter. But be warned....." The man hesitated, as the lady shot him a warning glance.

"Yes?" Natus asked, raising his eyebrows.

"They may be.....just don't judge people by their appearence and how they act, okay?" The man hurriedly warned us, before rushing off with the lady.

We stood there, not knowing what to say.

"Let's go," Gray suggested after a while of shocked silence. We all nodded numbly.

So with that mysterious warning in mind, we headed to Aramantha's home.

~~

This was more of a filler chapter......I promise you the next one will be better!

What do you all think of this story so far? I wanted this to be a shot story, but I don't know if I should turn it into an actual story. Should I?

Please vote and comment too. There are so many reads, but almost no one comments or votes. Please, it means a lot to me if you comment, or even just vote. It makes me really happy. Thanks <3

~Lillianna