31

Derek POV

"He's reached the residential area" Bill a tracker told me.

"How did he manage to infiltrate pack lands without us knowing?" I asked angrily

"He used the rogues help Alpha seems like he's been in connection with them for some time" Bill said

"Has he attacked any pack members?" I asked

"No he's just waiting for you by the office seems like he wants to talk to you first" he said.

"He knows he can't win if he fights I have a bigger army" I say as I pull up to the office in front of me is Lionel followed by hundreds of wolves ready for attack.

"Hello Derek. I got tired of waiting for you so I came myself. Like my little surprise" Lionel said with a humorless laugh.

"You must have a suicide wish coming here to my pack" I spat "you'll never win"

"Oh but I know you care about your pack dearly wouldn't want any innocent pups or women get hurt would we?" He said clicking his tongue in feign concern.

"You dare threaten me in my pack" I growl.

"Take it as you will Derek" he replied "these rogues are merciless and they won't go easy on your women I'll tell you that much"

I growled wanting to rip him apart then and there but Asher stopped me by placing a hand on my shoulder.

"You've really gotten friendly with these rogues haven't you Lionel" said Asher coming forward.

"This isn't your war Asher I suggest you back down" sneered Lionel.

"Really I think it is since you were the one who orchestrated my mate's kidnapping in the first place" Asher said bluntly

"It was you!" Asher said through gritted teeth "you hired Val and helped him kidnap Mason and Isla so both of our packs could go into war"

"It was a good plan I have to admit" Lionel shrugged "I only wish I had handled it myself rather than letting that fool Val take over but no worries I'm here now and I'm taking care of business myself"

"You're right we should take care of this ourselves" I said moving forward "Alpha to Alpha"

"What do you suggest?" Lionel asked he kicked his lips in anticipation I could tell he wanted this to happen all along. Well I was going to give it to him with full force.

"I challenge you to a fight winner takes all no other blood spilled besides our own" I said.

"I accept" Lionel said immediately "Richard will take over Bridgestone" motioning to his son behind him "while I'll take over your precious Red Moon"

"You'll have to go through me first" I growled.

"Oh very much intend to" he grinned "heard you've found your mate and that she's quite the looker I'll enjoy meeting her later on"

I growled but controlled my wolf he wanted me to attack first but I needed to be careful the whole pack depended on me. I made a promise to the entire pack when I was sworn in that they would come before friends, family and love and today I'm going to keep that promise. I'm going to stop Lionel even if it's the end of me. With Perrie in mind and heart, I walked forward to begin the battle.

Perrie POV

I quickly took off the dress and put in on the bed not bothering to hang it in the closet. I needed to get out the safety of everyone else was at stake. As I ran downstairs I could hear John and Hank, the guy that grabbed me when I tried to run from John thinking I was a rogue, talking.

"You sure he challenged him?" Hank asked.

"Yeah I just got a mindlink from Eric. Derek told Lionel no blood will be spilled but there's. Derek is willing to sacrifice himself for the pack" John said with a sigh.

"What!" I said coming outside "what did you just say?"

"Perrie! Crap. Nothing come on you need to get to safety that's the only way you can help Derek" reasoned John slowly coming near me.

"Ok" I said slowly nodding my head the tears flowing freely

"I'll start the car" Hank said going into the car.

"Come here Perrie" said John holding my arm.

"John could you get my phone I think I dropped it there" I asked him.

"Sure" he said turning around to get it but of course it wasn't there and I didn't give a rat's ass where my phone was. As soon as he moved slightly away from me I made a dash for it letting my wolf take me to our mate.

"PERRIE!" I heard John scream behind me. No doubt he was running after me so I picked up the pace running faster than probably I would be able to in a normal situation. Soon I reached a crowd by Derek's office I pushed people away moving forward. I saw Derek in a distance he had shifted and was fighting another wolf my heart sank as I saw my mate in danger.

"Perrie!" Mason yelled coming next to me.

"I need to stop Derek" I said moving towards Derek.

"No Perrie!" Mason said grabbing me tightly from behind "you can't distract him it can prove fatal for Derek". His words made me freeze in place.

"But" I said through tears

"Just stay here OK" he pleaded I nodded but he didn't loosen his grip on me holding me tightly by both hands.

I watched as Derek got attacked by the much older wolf grabbing him by the neck he threw Derek to the ground but Derek managed to land on his feet jumping towards his opponent again. They were both skilled fighters so it was hard to know who had the upper hand. Lionel, the older wolf I presume, clawed at Derek's shoulder causing a him to bleed I felt a searing pain in my shoulder too feeling Derek's pain. Derek counter attacked by grabbing Lionel from the back and throwing him to the side. Lionel got back up and growled towards Derek running full force he jumped up in the air with his mouth aimed at Derek's neck. I gasped as he came down on my mate. Derek also aimed for Lionel's neck both had each others throat in their jaws hearing a loud crack both fell to the ground. With Derek still on the ground Lionel got up and walked a few steps towards him. The life seemed to be escaping my legs as I saw Derek laying motionless on the ground.

"Derek" I heard myself whisper feeling numb inside.

****************

Sorry guys I had to do it hope you understand. :(.