4

Major First Love vs. Mate spoilers ahead. Proceed with your own risk if interested in reading it I suggest you stop right now and read it NOW!! If you already have hey fam continue on with the story. Please remember to vote and comment.

*********************

I woke up restless the next day having slept the whole drive here I didn't feel like sleeping anymore. So I tossed and turned till sometime after the sun came up my eye lids it was almost noon when I woke up.

"Crap" I said getting up. I quickly went to the bathroom taking a shower and getting dressed all in ten minutes. When I went downstairs Dakota was in the kitchen with Selena on a high chair.

"Good morning Perrie how was your night?" she asked cheerfully

"More like good afternoon. I'm sorry I don't usually sleep this late" I said sitting down next to Selena "Hi Baby" I tickled Selena's chin.

"Pehwie" she said clapping her hands.

"She really has taken a liking to you" observed Dakota

"I feel the same I'm not really that comfortable with kids but with Selena it just feels so easy" I said while Selena held my hand and started playing with it.

"I'll make you some breakfast" Dakota said moving to the stove

"No its OK I can make something for myself" I said getting up

"Nonsense I'll fix you something right up don't worry about it" said Dakota making me some scrambled eggs with sausage on the side. I said thank you before digging in and boy was I hungry I had only eaten a pack of chips yesterday.

After breakfast I tried to help Dakota with the cooking and cleaning but she refused to let me do anything so I offered to take care of Selena. I took Selena out to the garden and started playing with her she made me run around her and after a half hour I was wiped out. Selena heard the door bell and thinking it was her daddy ran into the house and I went in after her. Instead of Mason there was a middle aged couple standing in the hallway Selena seemed equally excited to see them so I guessed they must be her grandparents.

"Selena my baby" the woman held out her arms for Selena to jump into.

"Greg, Violet this is Perrie" Dakota introduced me to them "Perrie these are Mason's parents".

I said hello to both of them while Violet was all smiles Greg looked at me with a furrowed eyebrows probably not trusting this stranger that was living in his son's house. I just ignored it and accepted the fact that I needed to earn everyone's trust here.

"We'll be back with Selena by five" said Violet to Dakota. "Hope to see you around more dear" she said looking at me and with that they left with Selena.

Dakota suggested we sit on the patio over some ice tea saying it had been a long time since she had done any girl talk.

"So how old are you?" I asked. Dakota seemed really young almost my age or a year older minimum. She laughed at my question

"I'm twenty years old" she replied "why do you ask?"

"You're only two years older than me and that means you were my age when you had Selena. I don't think I'd be ready for kids for at least another five years" I said shaking my head

"I used to think that too till I met Mason" admitted Dakota

"And you two are mates right?" I asked curious about their relationship she nodded.

"You know about mates" said Dakota

"Yeah just what Dylan explained to me something about electricity and boom your together for life" I said Dakota started to laugh hysterically