1

Hey guys for those of you who came here after reading First Love vs. Mate welcome to the next installment and for those who haven't please read it before this story it'll make the experience so much better. Don't forget to vote, comment and most importantly enjoy the story. 😙😙😙😙😙😙

Character description and background : Perrie

Perrie is eighteen years old lives alone and has no known relatives. Her mom died three years ago of cancer and doesn't know who her father is. She has jet black hair, green eyes, fair skin, is about 5'6", and for her face imagine her the way you want to see her.

When I'm reading someone else's story most of the time I say screw that to their description and imagine the character how I want to see them. It would be hypocritical of me to force my perception on you. Her basic features although are very integral to the story and you'll find out later why. If in the future you disagree with a character's description you have my full permission to say screw that and imagine your own version of the character.

**********************

The rain and I never got along I'm not a superstitious person but whenever the sky would be pouring something bad would definitely happen to me. Small or big I was bound to meet some disaster today. I was running through the rain from the parking lot to the diner where I worked. I had the night shift today which sucked on its own hopefully that would be the only bad luck I'd have for tonight but knowing my track record with rain I doubt that would be the case.

"Hey Julien" I greeted the owner's son who was sitting behind the cashier.

"Hey beautiful, glad you made it" replied Julien with a huge smile. I was fifteen minutes late but Julien was too much of a sweetheart to rat me out to his dad. Julien was twenty years old, had ash blonde hair with hazel eyes, he was about average height about 5'7", he wasn't muscular but wasn't scrawny either and had a constant thousand watt smile plastered on his face.

"Blame the rain not me" I said wearing my apron and grabbing my notepad.

"Honey this isn't Florida get used to it" he said with a wink

"And miss out on working at this fine establishment. No way" I sarcastically remarked

"You're just here for the eye candy" he said flexing his nonexistent muscles

"Yeah that's it" I said rolling my eyes. Just then a customer entered the diner and I got busy with his order while Julien took his seat behind the counter. At around five in the morning I had already finished most of my work, which was to clean up the place for the breakfast rush and keep all the menus, plates and trays in order. I sat down waiting till the clock struck six so I could leave which was more than an hour away.

"Go I'll take care of the rest" Julien told me

"There isn't anything left to do smart ass" I said with a yawn

"Yes there is covering up for ass so my dad doesn't find out you left an hour early" he said motioning to the door with his head

"You'd do that for little old me" I said tilting my head and fluttering my eyelashes.

"Get out of here your jokes are stinking up the place" he said walking back to the counter. I gathered my stuff to leave.

"Thanks I owe you" I said blowing him a kiss Julien pretends to catch it and place it in his pocket.

"I'll make a note of it" he said with a smirk as I leave the diner.

It was still raining outside but not as hard as before more like a light drizzle. I was walking towards the parking lot when I passed a dark alley.

"Where you going to Missy?" I heard someone say but didn't turn around to see picking up my pace to quickly get to the car.

"Hey where you running off to?" I felt someone grab my shoulder I smacked his hand away turning around.

"Stay away from me!" I warned putting my hand in my coat pocket

"Oh I'm scared" he said laughing at me "Come on baby I'll go easy on you. I promise". He took a step closer to me and I took out the pepper spray in my pocket and sprayed his entire face.

"Ah! You bitch".

I didn't wait a second longer turning around and running towards my car. Reaching it I quickly opened the car door and started it as fast as I could. With my heart beating so hard you'd think it would burst out any second I screeched out of the parking lot. After driving around for a while and making sure no car was following me I turned around and headed for home but my heart was still beating erratically. I stopped the car near the woods which wasn't the safest place to stop it but I needed to calm down. Putting my head on the steering wheel I tried to slow down my breathing and control my erratic heartbeat. Suddenly I had this weird feeling like someone was calling me looking out towards the woods I felt the need to go there. Not realizing what I was doing I opened the car door and walked into the woods. Going deeper into the woods I felt like I wasn't in control of my body anymore. My mind was telling me to turn around that it was crazy to be out in the woods at this time but there was this other voice telling me to go on to let it lead me to where I need to go. I stopped feeling my entire body shake looking at my hands I could literally see my hands contorting into something else the pain was unbearable like all the bones in my body were breaking at once. Putting my hands to my ears closing my eyes I let out a blood curdling scream.