19

In the morning, Derek and I went to Mason's for breakfast since we ended up watching a movie after dinner and came back home really late.

Dakota had made scrambled eggs with sausage and I must say she's a mean cook. I wouldn't be able to boil an egg properly.

"I have a free day today let's take Selena to the park she likes that" said Mason after finishing off his breakfast.

"Sounds good I'll finish cleaning up and get Selena ready" replied Dakota picking up the empty plates.

"I'll clean up you go get Selena ready" said Mason taking the plates from her hand and kissing her on her forehead.

"We'll help" I said nudging Derek

"Umm sure. We'll help too" Derek said getting up.

"Perrie do you mind coming with me Selena can be a handful when I try to change her" asked Dakota. I nodded and followed her upstairs once inside Selena's room Dakota pulled me by arm and motioned me to sit down.

"So what happened between you and Derek?" She asked wiggling her eyebrows.

"Nothing" I said shaking my head.

"Really so those hickeys just formed by themselves" she pointed towards my neck. Damn I swear that man is a vampire disguised as a werewolf we literally only made out for two minutes this morning.

"Umm it's nothing serious we're just fooling around" I shrugged but the blush coming on my face said otherwise.

"Well that's the first step you know, then comes marking, then comes mating, then comes baby in a baby carriage" Dakota made it into a little ditty while dressing Selena. Selena clapped her hands and laughed at her mom's song which I thought was utterly adorable. Wish I could be as innocent.

"There's no marking, mating or babies in store for me" I said pinching Selena's cheeks

"Who are you lying to? Me or yourself?" Dakota asked looking straight at me. The truth is I don't know. I want Derek and I to be a thing but another part of me just wants to be alone and safe where no one can hurt me.

"Give yourself a little time it will all fall into place when the bond fully takes affect" Dakota says placing a hand over mine. I remain silent while she finishes up getting Selena ready. I take Selena once she's ready and bring her downstairs with me.

"You should come too Perrie. It'll be fun" Mason offers.

"No you guys go ahead" I say not wanting to be a third wheel in their family outing.

"You could come with me to the office. I only have like an hour of work to do then we'll go wherever you wish" said Derek coming up next to me.

"OK just give me a few minutes to change" I was wearing a tshirt and some jean shorts not exactly office worthy clothes.

"So we'll see you guys later today" said Mason looking at us both

"Or tomorrow morning" Dakota added giving me a wink. I rolled my eyes and made my way back to the house to change.

I was really impressed it took me a total of five minutes to change and get my make up done. I wore a blue summer dress that reached my knees with some flats. When I came outside Derek was already in the car. Derek gave me a wary looking before looking away with a clenched jaw.

"What's wrong?" I asked sensing his frustration.

"Nothing it's just" he said seeming angry

"What?" I pestered on