16

I'm still on the kitchen floor lost in my thoughts when I feel someone fingers tap my arm. I jump back in fright only to see its Derek.

"What the.." I look at him in shock "what are you doing here you're supposed to be at the meeting?"

"Perrie the meeting is already over I've been away for three hours" he tells me "Are you alright? Have you been here since I left?"

"Umm I just guess I got lost in thought" I say getting up

"You sure you're OK?" He asks again searching my face for any sign "I can take you to the pack doctor if you want?"

"No I'm fine" I reply "Can we go for a run? Mason said it's kind of necessary and I have yet to go on one" I say trying to change the subject.

"Sure I'll change into something more comfortable and we'll go right away" Derek said before running upstairs to change.

After walking for like forever Derek takes me to a clearing in the forest and shows me a secluded spot to place my clothes and shift.

OK now follow me you don't want to get lost he instructs through our mindlink

Oh dear me I hope I don't get lost in this vast clearing how will you able to find me I say sarcastically mentally rolling my eyes

Ha ha. If your done joking we're going to be running in the forest so try to keep up with me Alpha wolves tend to be fast he said smugly.

Before he could react I dart towards the forest he doesn't follow me immediately probably giving me a twenty second headstart before joining in. In no time he catches up to me and is running besides me.

Told you Alpha wolves are fast he said moving past me

Show off I mutter following him through the forest.

About an hour later Derek leads me back to the clearing telling me that's enough for one day and we should head back home.

"So you guys do this all the time?" I ask on our walk back home

"We" he corrects me "yeah it calms our wolves plus it's great exercise"

"Do you always go alone on runs?" I ask

"I used to" he sends a smile my way. "That was my favorite place to go for a run I usually don't let other wolves run there"

"Well that makes me feel special" I say rolling my eyes.

"Well you are" he says lightly brushing my shoulder with his.

"You're such a sappy guy" I laugh " I bet you used to watch rom coms with buckets of ice cream before I came along"

"Well then it's a good thing you did" he jokes.

"You're not even going to deny it" I shake my head in amazement.

"Well you sure did take your sweet time in finding me" he said

"You're only twenty two!" I exclaim

"I've been waiting for you since I was fifteen" he admits

"Oh please! Tell me how many girls have you had during this waiting period?" I hissed. He just laughed not replying my question "Ha! So much 'for waiting for you since I was fifteen'" I mimick his voice.

"Yeah there have been girls but they were just one night stands that didn't mean anything" he said "plus I can count them with one hand"

Derek pulls my arm so we stop.

"What is it?" He asks "what is it that makes you pull back"

Whoa! Am I that obvious I used to be the best in hiding my thoughts. Damn these werewolves and them sensing everything.

"Umm I don't know what your talking about" I blatantly lie

"Perrie I know something is keeping you from trusting me and if you don't want to tell me fine. I won't pester you but all I can say that I'll never break your trust" he grabs my hand and places it over his heart "listen to my heartbeat Perrie and look into my eyes. You're a werewolf now you can sense deceit and lies and if you feel that I'm lying to you then leave. I won't stop you"

"Because Perrie Sophia Adams I'm totally and utterly in love with you" I gasp as the words exit his lips. He means it he really does I can feel it.

"I... I need more time Derek" I say removing my hand from his chest

"I'm not going anywhere take all the time you need sweetheart" he says lightly pecking my forehead then moving on towards home.

I take an uneven breath. What is happening to me? Why can't I stop myself from falling for this guy?????