Chapter Twenty Eight- Have You Lost Your Mind?

Swift's P.O.V

Tomorrow is my birthday! I love my birthday because I can have a Christmas themed birthday party every year, and not be thought of as weird. But I'm sure everyone views me as weird anyway. Let's see if my mom over plans a party again tomorrow...

------------The Next Day-------------

I woke up today feeling sad, and not to happy it is my birthday.

I feel my phone go off and it's a text message. From Taylor.

From Taylor 8:13am- "Happy Birthday Tay :)"

I'm not going to respond. We'll start talking more then I'll guilt my way into asking him out again and I just can't, I can't. Maybe later in the future I could talk to him, but not now.

Literally thirty seconds later, my phone went off again. But this time, it was John.

My face literally brightened.

From John 8:13am- "Happy Birthday Taylor! I hope we can hangout soon ;) -John"

To John 8:14am- "Thanks John :) and sounds like a great plan!"

We started texting back and forth for most of the day, just learning more about each other. I admitted that I kind of had a crush on him when I first saw him and he admitted the same. That made me feel the butterflies like Taylor had all over again.

Lautner's P.O.V

The first person I thought of when I woke up was Tay. I got up and looked at my calendar to see what was going on today, and I noticed it was the 13th. Tay's birthday. So, I took a chance and sent her a happy birthday text.

To Tay 8:13am- "Happy Birthday Tay :)" I couldn't resist. I memorized her number, and added it back into my contact list.

Five, Ten, Fifteen, Twenty minutes go by and she hasn't responded, I guess she hates me. not to be rude, but I gave everything in my SOUL to her, and she has the nerve to just brush me off like I didn't mean anything to her? That's low, I thought she was different than that, but she even said it herself, looks can be deceiving.

It's time for me to fly out to L.A to start talking to the producers about 'Abduction'. They are getting all the actors and actresses in the movie together so we can start to bond and make off screen relationships as well so it looks convincing. But if I have to take off my shirt in this movie I swear, I'll leave.

Swift's P.O.V

My party was alright, except I was just in one of the those moods where If I was around people, I'd only choose one, and that person was John.

I know he has this reputation of being a heart breaker, but he's not. He's a total sweetheart. I wont buy it.

After my party was over I was helping Mom clean up, and then after I was going to go hangout with John, then record the song.

"So, did you have a good party?" Mom asked

"Uh huh."

"What are you doing for the rest of the day?"

"I was going to go hangout with John Mayer before we recorded a song together.."

"John? Mayer?"

I nodded

"Taylor.."

"What? are you going to tell me he's a douche? He's just going to use me?"

"He just has that reputation and I don't want you getting hurt Sweetie."

"He's not like that. He's a sweetheart. and our song together will be AMAZING."

"He is a good artist, Taylor. But that doesn't mean he's a good guy."

"Why can't you ever just be happy for me?"

"I was, when you were with Taylor. The GOOD guy."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Have you lost your mind? Really? JOHN MAYER?!"

"I'm done with this conversation. Thank you for the birthday party."

and I left right then and there. I slammed my door, went to my car and drove. Drove around town looking for the place John told me to meet him at.

I'm terrible with directions, and I think I'm lost. The only other person that knows L.A the best is Taylor.

Now the only thing I'm wondering is if I should call him or not..