Chapter Twenty Six- I'm So Sorry It Had To End

Swift's P.O.V

Weeks have passed and nothing has changed. I'm too afraid to say something, to hurt him, to change and let go everything we have..

It's December 5th and I've been thinking about this a lot. It's time.. Time to end it all. I can't lead him on anymore.

I decided it would be best to do this in person, I'm not that stuck up, the least I could do is say it to his face. I feel terrible because he doesn't suspect this one bit.. I pull out my phone and text him to meet me at the Starbucks in L.A so we can hangout.

To Taylor: "Hey, can you meet me at the Starbucks in 5?"

From Taylor: "Sure babe :) Love you."

I didn't respond. What the hell am I doing? Damn, why did I have to lead him on for so long? He's going to hate me.

I take a shower and put my makeup on. I put on a pair of dark blue skinny jeans, a cardigan, flats and I tie my hair into a side pony then put on a beanie. Gotta love winter.

I'm driving to the Starbucks and listening to the radio and the song "Not Meant to Be" by Theory of a Dead man came on.. It just made me cry, cry because I'm going to loose my best friend, cry because I've been living this lie for months, cry because I'm going to hurt him.. I mean this song is more from his point of view. But that just made the tears come harder. Then I flashback to the morning of Thanksgiving:

"I know some people have said this before, but I mean it.. You're my everything, and it would absolutely kill me if I ever lost you."

Here come the waterworks.

I pull into the parking spot, wiping off my running mascara in the mirror, I see him standing there looking as innocent as ever holding a coffee and roses.

"Hey beautiful." He smiled handing me the roses.

"Awe.. what are these for?" I faked a smile

"Our six months!" He smiled

OH GOD. Taylor you are so dumb. You're going to just kill him. And you forgot your six months. Smart.

"Annndd..," He dragged out, "I got your favorite coffee!" He handed me an extra large cup.

"Taylor, I- I really need to talk to you."

"Go ahead baby." He smiled

"Well... I think, I think it'd be best.."

He raised one eyebrow

"If we were just friends.. I-I-I just don't feel the same as I did months ago.."

His face flushed, he put his hands over his eyes, then rubbed them.

Lautner's P.O.V

SHIT.

"Di-Did I do anything wrong?"

"It's not you, it's hone-"

"If you say 'It's not you, it's me' I swear to God.."

"It's true." She said

"Whatever." I said trying to fight back tears.

She looked down at the ground.

"I hope you know I really truly love you. I can't believe you didn't feel the same.."

"I did.. In the beginning." She took off her bracelet I gave her and handed it to me.

"No.."I said with a shaky voice. I got up and pushed in my chair.

"I really hope you live a good life Taylor. I thought I could have been a part of it.."

"I still want to be friends.." She said.

I can't fight back the tears anymore. One slipped down each cheek.

"You can't be in love with your friend. It just doesn't work.."

She got up and came towards me.

"I do love you, I'm just not IN love with you.."

"Sucks for me, huh?" I said, my chin quivering.

She didn't say anything, I put the bracelet in her hand, and kissed her cheek.

"Bye.. Tay.."

I walked away. I looked back and she was still standing there. I got in my car and screamed, hitting my car horn by accident.

"WHY DO I ALWAYS LOOSE EVERYONE I LOVE?????" I screamed, I realized my window was down and everyone could hear me.

Taylor looked over to me, and saw me. It looked like she was crying, but why would she be crying? She broke up with ME!

"Damn.. Sarah was right." I thought to myself.

I looked at her wipe her eyes then walk away, she left her roses on the cafe table with her coffee.

Maybe I never meant anything to that girl this whole time.

I watched her drive away. I realized, this isn't just a break up. I lost my best friend, I lost a piece of my heart, I lost my soul mate.. Or so I thought. How could you love someone and they pretend they love you the same?

So many questions pondered me. I was basically paralyzed for the rest of the night after I got home. It was a mixture of sleeping, thinking, crying or all three.

At 2 am I heard my blackberry go off. To my surprise, it was Tay.

From Tay<3 at 2:01am- "I'm so sorry it had to end that way.."

To Tay<3 at 2:02am- "You're not sorry."

After I sent that message, I deleted her number. I deleted all the pictures of us, all the old messages, my call log. Everything. I need to start brand new.

You can erase the physical aspect of it, but I don't think I will ever be able to erase Taylor Alison Swift from my heart.