Chapter 14

Short i know, sorrryyyyyyyyy......the next one is longer b/c i finally hav a way to connect all the chaps so it should b like fifteen pages!!!! ur prob like sure sure it is.....but im pretty sure that it will b :) yay for me telling the truth!!!!

comments r better than Schuylerss ppl skills

votes r better than being pushed up against something by sage...swoooonnnnnn O-o

welll....moving on......read and enjoy!!!! 

Thanks for the support as always!!!! :) 

=====================================================

REcap: 

He leaned forward, grasping his hand with hers and she stood on her tip toes to whisper in his ear. After nodding, he stood back up and she wrote something on his hand in pen, waving as she sauntered away.

Holy fiddlesticks, he was never going to let me live this down.....

I smartly interrupted him, sensing the insults that would pour out of his mouth, and earning a scowl for my effort.

"Okay, okay, I can see your point, but I still think you're full of it," I told him, resisting the urge to turn up my nose childishly but failed. What can I say, I'm a child at heart....

"Really? Would you like to pick another lucky winner?"

"You mean victim?" I asked sarcastically while searching for another contender, glancing back up at his face to see his skeptical look.

"Victim of llllllooooovvvvvveeeeeeeee...."

I smiled a little at that, not that I'd ever admit to that, decided it was best not to comment and examined the remaining two girls carefully. The brave yet vulnerable girl afraid of the world, or the girl stuck in the friend zone...tough.

Contemplating for a minute or two I decided to go with the 'friend zone' girl not only because she was madly in love with an obvious jerk but because I respected the vulnerable girl's need to stay invisible, I knew how she felt.

Hell, she was me in demeanor, although she had the height thing going for her. Everyone but me had a height thing going for them....curses.

Shaking my head to clear it, I wordlessly pointed to Sage's new challenge, watching his face for some sort of sign of doubt to shift across it. There was none, none at all.

He checked her out in a "non-checking-her-out" way, noticed the dude, and shook his head in disbelief. I wasn't sure if it was at the fact that he had to compete or from the fact that she loved someone so unworthy. Or both.

He sauntered forward this time, dimming down his aura so that he was mostly arrogance with a little bit of danger, much much less than he usually put off. His mouth was tugging up at the corners, body slouched only a wee bit as if to make her more comfortable but not too comfortable. Curious.

Currently the unworthy boy was chattering away to the girl, gesturing with his hands, eyes avid with detail. Sage quietly walked behind him, clear in her range of sight but cleverly invisible to his. He pretended to be pursuing some light reading, running his long fingers down the books like they were as delicate as glass, earning a speculative glance from the girl. He picked up a Shakespearean compilation, flicking through the various pages until he reached the particular work he desired, and he began to mouth the words. What a ham...

She was interested nevertheless, no doubt about that because even though she was nodding along with what was coming out of her friends mouth I was 100% certain she had no idea what she was agreeing to.