Hunter POV

We had been with Kendal for a few hours already so the doctor came in and told us that it's best she got some rest. Everyone hugged her tightly goodbye saying they would come and see her straight after school tomorrow.

"I'll see you tomorrow"I whispered hugging her, she smiled at me nodding, I kissed her forehead before heading out back to the car where the guys were waiting.

I felt a lot better having seen that she is okay. A part of me was still angry at how she's been treated. She doesn't deserve that, know one does. I have seriously started to get feelings for this girl and I still don't understand them. 

Like I keep saying, there's just something different about her. I've pushed my feelings aside for so many years blocking out the people who try to reach out to me, not taking any time to acknowledge girls, I've just been in my own box. 

I guess this whole time I've been waiting for the right person to walk into my life and change it, for the better. 

It's always just been myself and the boys, none of us have taken much interest in dating and wanting a girlfriend, we're all quite hidden from the world I guess you can say. We keep to ourselves only letting each other in on whats happening with one another.

"Hey H, you alright?" Ray asked bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah sorry, I'm cool" I say acting casual. He gave me a straight face as if to say I know somethings up, you might as well tell us.

"Listen, I was only thinking about Kendal's family situation" I wasn't lying, they would think of me as a massive sop if I were to tell them all my thoughts.

"I know, I don't get how we didn't realise, I mean she had no marks on her body, I remember she wore that dress" Nate said thinking hard about the situation. 

"She had no obvious marks, that woman was a clever bitch."

We all went quiet, seeming to get caught up in our thoughts.

"Right, well at least we know she's well and won't ever have to be near that women ever again." Elija states trying to make the situation better.

I nodded and then frowned, 'but wait where are her actual mum and dad, I mean that was her step mum, so where's her dad?' I question myself trying to work out the puzzle. I realise its not my business but I'm honestly still shocked by it all. When you first meet Brontë you wouldn't think she would be going through anything. It's like she puts on a mask, making others around her happy but underneath she was just terrified.

I look at the time, it had just turned past midnight. "I need to get home lads" they all nod in my direction saying a quick bye before I make my way out of Nate's house to my car.

When I got back I went straight up to check on my mum. The door was shut as I expected, I opened it quietly not wanting to wake her. She was sound asleep, I went over to switch her light off when a piece of paper with writing on it caught my eye, on the bed side table.

"I hope you had a good night darling. You deserve it. Now stop worrying about me and keep having nights like this! I love you x"

I smiled at the note my mum had left me, knowing I would come in and check on her. I switched the light off taking the note with, I headed back to my room and got ready for bed.