Brontë POV

Katie had left an hour ago saying she had to go as she was late picking her children, Sydney and Skyler up from school. She assured me she would be here tomorrow and may be able to bring the girls with her. I smiled saying how thankful I was she was here and she smiled back kissing my forehead before she left.

My door opened and in walked all my friends.

I just cried. Happy tears. They wouldn't stop.

Saskia and Jayda ran over to me, hugging me either side asking how I was and stressing to me how worried they were.

"We heard about your Step mum, Brontë" Saskia said staring at me with tears in her eyes. "You should have told us" Jayda said squeezing the life out of me.

"I know, I'm really sorry guys, I just couldn't imagine what Talia would have done if she found out, she would do anything to keep what she did a secret" I explained hiccuping halfway through.

Jayda and Saskia kept on hugging me for a while until Elija pulled them back saying it was their turn now.

I laughed at his jokey, possessiveness.

"We missed you!!" Kai said nuzzling his head into the crook of my neck, I chuckled hugging him back as tightly as I could.
Once I had my little reunion with everyone there was still someone who I hadn't seen yet. He was stood in the corner of the room looking at me intensely.

"We'll leave you two alone for bit" Nate winked hurrying everyone out so Hunter and I were left alone together.

"Where's my hug then?" I smiled looking at him. He walked over placing himself on my bed.

"I was so worried about you." He looked at me interlocking his fingers with mine. I couldn't help but smile at how much he cared for me.

"I know we've only just practically started hanging out and that I met you not long ago but honestly, I just-" He paused looking down, thinking for a moment. "I can't stop thinking about you. If you want to, I would love to take you on a date once you're better" He looked back up staring into my eyes before a small smile graces his lips.

"I would love to." I reply smiling back at him before he leaned in and kissed me. It was soft and gentle.

He pulled away and I blushed looking down. He chuckled and hugged me giving me a squeeze. He pulled back once again interlocking our hands together.
I heard a squeal come from behind the door before it opened, both Jayda and Saskia fell on the floor groaning from the fact they had caught the handle by accident while listening in to Hunter and I's conversation.

I laughed as I watched them stand slowly back up rubbing their heads before looking back over at us grinning from ear to ear.

"We told them not too, but they wouldn't listen" Ray said walking in chuckling as he walked past them towards me.

"Here we went and got you a muffin" Ray winked and handed me the chocolate muffin. My eyes widened, I thanked him and dug at it straight away. Everyone looked at me strangely before bursting into fits of laughter.

"What? I haven't eaten in like three days.." I said mumbling before devouring the muffin completely.

I looked back up, catching Hunter smirking at me while he reached over wiping the chocolate from under my lip and from across my cheek. I blushed while chuckling at the same time.