Hunter POV

"Listen, if you do this fight, you'll end up getting yourself killed, H," "I know you can handle a fight, but this guy.. he's had a lot more experience in fighting."

Kai was trying to get me to change my mind about the fight coming up in a few months. The cash prize is too good to pass up.

"Kai. I need the money," I say, slightly frustrated. Kai, Elija, Nate, and Ray look at each other, knowing full well they wouldn't be able to change my mind.

"Listen, I'll be fine, guys alright, I'll train a lot more hours to the lead-up of the fight." They nodded in unison, still looking worried.

Nate glances at his phone, "I need to go; I'm late for class," he says, rolling his eyes as he heads out through the passageway.

The rest of us follow behind, making our way back to school. I reach for the back of my pocket to grab my phone. "Shit, I left my phone back at the cabin; I'll see you guys later," they yelled their responses over their shoulders as I made my way back to the cabin.

I get to the end of the passage and see a girl relatively short, about 5'3 maybe, staring at the cabin with her back to me.

"Who are you?" I spoke out

She turned around quickly, quite shocked.

"Ah, hi, sorry I wasn't snooping or anything. I happened to stumble across it. I'm Brontë. 

My eyes just locked on her; I didn't mean to -- she just caught my breath. Her curly golden hair fell just below her waist, accentuating her tan skin. Her dark brown eyes were a mix of grey and green, glistening with the light. She was wearing ripped black jeans and an oversized hoodie, along with a pair of Timberlands.

I looked back up to her face, "You'd better go. The Lookout is no place for a girl like you."She nodded and walked past me, disappearing through the passage.

I didn't mean to come across as rude. She just seemed dainty, like you don't want to mess with a girl like her.

Brontë, I like it.