Hunter POV

Elija pulled up outside my house around three, like he said, to get me for training. "We need to go pick up Kai; he's coming with today," I informed Elija, who gave a nod and headed off to pick Kai up.

After picking up Kai, we arrived at the gym. We made our way inside, heading to the room at the back of the gym. We got into the room and threw our bags onto the floor; I headed over to the bench, getting my hands ready to rap up. I placed the boxing gloves on my hands and met my trainer, Jai, in the middle of the ring.

After two hours of powering it out in the ring, Jai decided it was enough. "It's best you just go and do some weights for the rest of the next two hours, make sure to take breaks every half an hour, don't put too much strain on your muscles," he warned me, and I nodded.

I headed over to the benches to remove my gloves and raps. As I came out of the room, I saw Elija over at the rowing machine and Kai on the punch bag. The gym was usually pretty quiet, with only a few of the guys in here, so I was quite surprised to see a girl in the corner on the treadmill.

Looking more closely, she looked familiar. That's when I realised it was Brontë. "What's she doing here?"  I thought. I didn't know whether to go up to her or not. She looked like she was really into her work out so I thought I'd leave her for now.

I walked over to the weights and picked out my usual, then took them over to the matts surrounded by the black bars.

I couldn't focus on my training, knowing she was here.

Giving up on the idea of leaving her be, I made my way over to her. I stood behind for a few seconds deciding how to get her attention. She then stopped running and pulled out her headphones; I stood still, not knowing what to do, and just waited for her to turn around.

She jumped. "Hunter?" she said, a little shocked.

"Hi, sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, I just saw you, and yeah," I kept my focus on her, not knowing what to say or do still. Why am I so awkward.

"Oh haha, it's alright," she replied, blushing slightly but keeping eye contact. I watched her eyes travel down and inspect me. I wasn't wearing my hoodie today, so I wasn't as covered up like usual.