Brontë POV

I woke up with the worst headache. I didn't get much sleep again last night.

I forced myself up, heading towards the bathroom. I turn my music on before jumping into the shower. I sat down, leaning against my shower wall, letting the water run all over my body letting me go deep into thought.

Last night was on my mind, thinking about my interaction with Hunter. He was gentle and caring towards me but still acted cautious, which I can understand.

I blocked out the memories of me returning home. Memories like that I try and forget.

I finally get out of the shower, leaving my music playing while I dry myself. I walked over to my mirror and applied a palm-sized amount of product into my hair to stop the frizz.

I ended up tying it up into a messy bun and applying mascara and concealer to cover up my disgusting bags caused by the lack of sleep.

I walk back out into my room and pick out my gym gear deciding it was time to go back at it and start getting back into my regular workout routine. 

I changed into a matching black leggings and sports bra set. Since I only managed to haul myself out of bed at two this afternoon, it was now three, so I thought I would head over to the gym straight away.

When my dad passed, I decided to spend most of my time at the gym close to me. I knew the owner pretty well as I used to go there with my dad when he would work out every Wednesday and Friday; because of that reason, I got to use the facilities for free; Freddie was like my second dad.

I grabbed my phone from the side of my bed along with my plain oversized hoodie. I made my way down the stairs, which were still lined with beers from yet again another party. I shook my head and grabbed an apple from the fruit bowl.

I pulled up outside FG and made my way inside the familiar surroundings. I saw Freddie in the corner in his office, looking down at a few papers in his hand. I walked out towards him and knocked on the glass window; he looked up and grinned, opening the door holding out his arms for me to go in for a hug.

"I've missed you, squirt," he said, squeezing all the life out of me. I laughed, hugging him just as tight "I missed you to Uncle Freddie."

"Look at you, you're all grown up!" he smiled, looking down at me with awe in his eyes. "Where have you been? I've been wondering what happened to you" I looked down, guilty it had been so long since I had come and even seen him.

"I'm sorry, I've just been really busy with changing school and getting used to everything new, I guess," I chuckled, trying to lighten up; Freddie doesn't even know how badly my step mum treats me, I don't know what she would do if I were to tell anyone. She used to threaten me if I ever told my dad.

"No worries, kiddo, as long as you're happy, I'm happy!" I hugged him tight again and told him I will be getting back into my workouts. After we chatted for a bit, I went over and started on the treadmill.