Chapter 25: Rebels from Rohron

The dining hall is filled with complete silence.  Then again, it's fairly empty due to Palace Guard's tightening security.

The door slowly creaks open and my head snaps up when a small girl with Raven black hair skips in.

I jump up and scream, "Lilly!" As I expertly hurdle over the table and sprint towards my best friend.

I'm very aware her brothers are close behind.  Lilliana catches me in her arms and we tumble to the floor, giggles racking our bodies.

Never have I had someone who truly makes me feel like- like a girl.  She brings out my inner female who loves shopping and frilly dresses and shoes.  The very same girl I hid deep down to protect myself when Morgana took over.

Lilly jumps up off the floor to embrace her three present brothers.  She reaches out a hand to help me up.  Grinning, I accept it righting myself on my feet.  "Where's Flint?"  She actually looks disappointed that he isn't here.

Rivers notices my confused expression and whispers to me, " Lilliana is Flints favorite.  Out of all of us, Lilly is the only one he will let down his wall for.  And she loves him for it."

Flints has feelings?  I can't believe it.

Lilly turns to me.  "Can we go shopping now?"  She grips both my hands in hers.  "I've been traveling forever and all the clothes I have here are so old."

Ashton steps in before I can say yes.  "Lilliana I don't think you should be going out in the village.  Especially after what happened last night."

"Oh push-posh, Danica will protect me."  She dismissed it with a wave of her hand.

"She's right I will."  I point out, shrugging.

Before anyone can object Lilliana flings herself into the arms of the new member to our dining hall party, Flint.

He chuckles.  Flint chuckles.  What is wrong with the world?

"Flint, can Dani take me shopping?  Please?"  Lilly practically begs.

Flint's stormy eyes shift to me.  He considers for a moment nodding his head.  "You must be very careful.  Danica Firedrake, you must guard my sister with your life."

I swear to him, "Until my dying breath."  And I mean it.

.     .    .

I stroll behind Lilly as she skips from shop window to shop window, marveling at all the dresses and hats and gloves. She stops abruptly at a candy store and walks in.

For a teenager, she really does act like a child. In an adorable way of course.

When I first met Lilliana, she seemed so guarded, so pristine. But once you get to know her, she opens up.

I wait for her outside. She emerges with not one, not two, but five bags of sweets.

"You know, the idea was for us to shop together - not for you to babysit me."

I roll my eyes. "Come on let's go get you some new dresses." I lead her away from the candy store and down an ally.

The only other occupant of the ally is an old beggar slouching against the brick wall.

Lilly stops for a moment and takes in the dirty ally. "Dani, where are we going?"

"I told you, to the dress shop." I turn and walk backwards to focus on Lilly.

"Why this way?"

"It's a short cut." I simply shrug.

I turn and walk forwards. Lilly hesitates but then I hear the crunch of her boots on the ally gravel.

"An apple girl?" The beggar asks Lilly.

"Oh thank you."

A beggar giving food? Not asking for it? She has all that candy I was expecting him to beg her for it. Shadows shift on the rooftops. Lilly.

I whirl around and scream NO! But it's too late. She's taken a bite. Her eyes widen before she crumples to the floor, her bags of candy spilling onto the dirty floor in a rainbow of colors.

The beggar smiles down at Lilly before running the other way. Men with blue masks jump off the rooftops. I step in front of Lilly, drawing my concealed daggers. I will protect her until my dying breath.

I quickly but thoroughly scan the ally - Lilly and I are surrounded and pushed up against the wall. Seven men. More shadows on the roofs. Shit.

I twirl my daggers expertly and plaster a wicked smile on my face. They come. It's a bloodbath. It rains a crimson red as I slash my way through the bodies. Four words ring through my head, Until my dying breath.

Stabbing and slashing, slitting and cutting, I embed my daggers in these men and then jerk my blades free of flesh. I finally notice my mistake, I let them lead me away from Lilly's unconscious body. Two lanky boys jump down from above and scoop her up, quickly making away with her.

This only angers me more. I brutally decapitate the one in the middle and run after Lilly. I rack the crowded street with my eyes, when I catch no notice of Lilly's kidnappers, I jump on a barrel and launch myself onto the top of a vegetable stand. The group of Rebels had followed me and are now climbing up onto the stand.

People from the street stare at us in shock and fear, most quickly heading for the nearest shelter. I jump and catch a drain pipe of the bakery on my left and swing myself onto the roof. I look down, ready to fight and stragglers who followed me, but the roof is empty except for me. They're gone. Damnit.

I take a running start before jumping off the roof and onto the ground, rolling before standing soundly on my feet. I sprint back to the palace. I hurtle through the village - zipping past the stores.

The castle gates loom in the distance- the tallest tower of the castle piercing the sky.

The guards must recognize me because the gates open as I rush through. I pass a group of confused Guards on my way to the palace doors, gravel crunching under my boots. I shove the doors open with my shoulder - throwing all the strength I have into the heavy lifting.

I burst into the entry corridor, only to be greeted by a huge group. Everyone is here.

"Danica!" Ashton looks up from where he's siting on the grand staircase.

"Why is it that she's always covered in blood?" Rivers muses from the corner.

Flint is the first to notice. "Where's Lilly?"

My breathing is labored and fresh blood cakes my clothes, though no one dares approach. "They took her." I single tear glides down my cheek.

"Who took her?" Flint demands.

"The Rebels from Rohron."

<3
Three chapters in two days. Sheesh, I must really love you guys.
Special thanks to @Katana_Boyer - You always compliment my story and are always very enthusiastic about it! Stay awesome! :)
If any of you have any suggestions for chapters soon to come, please speak up! You can comment here or send me a message!
Much love!

Xoxo,
DD