Chapter 6: Enjoy

I wake up in a stranger's bed. I shoot up and cry out in pain when the cut on my stomach and my shoulder burn. I fall back into the fluffy pillows a lift up my shirt to reveal a bloodied bandage.

I turn my head to the side to see Kalen asleep next to me and Rafe on the other side of me, also asleep. They both probably stayed to whole time I was out. I figure this must be Kalen's bed.

I stare up at the ceiling, enjoying this moment. With all the fighting Rafe and I do, there isn't much time for us to simply enjoy eachothers company.

"Mmmmm," I hear a sleepy Rafe mumble. "You're finally awake. How are you feeling?"

"Pretty shitty actually." I turn over to my side to face him and cringe at the sudden pain.

"Penelope patched you up, the gash on your stomach should be better in a few weeks."

"How long was I out?" I ask.

"Three days." Rafe responds with sympathy in his eyes. "Kalen and I never left your side."

"Will the two of you shut up?" An annoyed Kalen asks sleepily. "I'm trying to sleep!"

I ignore him. "What happened with the Shadow Guard?"

"We killed the majority of them, though a few ran." He grins. "I made sure to get you back here as fast as I could."

I take his hand in mine. "Thank you, Rafe."

"Shut up!" Kalen yells and throws a pillow at us. He curls up against my back and falls asleep like a kitten. I make myself comfortable next to Rafe and fall back asleep, dismissing the pain for a few hours.

<3
Enjoy!

Xoxo,
DD