Chapter 15

Scarlet
3 days later

I sat up in Aaron's bed, which is where I had been recovering for the past days. Everyday the nurses would come in and replace the bandages on my wounds. The cuts made by the talons of the rogue where starting to heal. My stomach had 3 slashes on them from when the rogue picked me up. My arms, legs, and my stomach were wrapped in bandages. Not even my armor could protect me from that. Oh yeh my armor and my bow. I thought.

"Hey Aaron." I say to him. Aaron was sitting at the desk in his room. He was probably catching up on all the work he hadn't done while he was saving me.

"Yeah?" He answers back looking up from his desk.

"Did you find my armor and bow by any chance?" I know the armor could be replaced but I had really grown attached to that bow. The bow that ember gave to me all that time ago.

"Oh yeh! I forgot about that. I found them outside of a cave. I knew it was yours and I had Ember take it." He tells me. I felt some relief knowing that it was safe.

"How are you feeling?" Aaron asks standing up from his desk and walking over to my bed side. He pours some water into my empty glass.

"Amazing, your medical staff sure do know how to take care of everything." I respond. The smaller burns and scrapes were almost completely healed. I still injuries but they were mostly the bigger burns and cuts. I remained mostly in bed because any big movements caused pained.

"I'm glad." Aaron says and hand me the glass. I stared down at the glass for a moment before speaking up.

"Thanks Aaron... For getting me out of that terrible place and for taking care of me too." I said with gratitude. When the medical staff were gone Aaron was the one that brought me food and helped me everything. My body was still weak and it wasn't until this morning were my hands strong enough to hold a cup. Up until today's someone had to feed me and most of the time that was Aaron. I needed help to walk. Thank god Aaron was here otherwise I couldn't do anything.

"Yeh no problem Scarlet." He says with a smile. For some reason I thought about the first time we met. The arrow I had shot and landed in front of him. I must of had a funny look on my face because Aaron said something about it.

"Why are you smiling?" Aaron asks.

"I'm thinking about the first time we met." I say. Aaron laughed.

"I made a pretty horrible first impression." Aaron says.

"Yeh, you attacked me."

"To be fair I thought your dragon was going to eat me." I laughed at that comment.

"Remember when I took you flying for the first time?" I chuckled, "You were terrified."

"I was thousands of feet above the ground, how could I not be terrified?" Aaron exclaims.

"You've gotten used to flying though right?" I ask. He seemed pretty comfortable when we were flying back on Ember.

"Kind of." He responds thinking back. Then a certain though popped into my head. I really wanted to know though.

"Aaron... Do you hate me for killing your father?" I ask timidly. I look down at my hands nervously.

"I did." He starts. "I did hate you. It didn't really sink in until after you had left. I blamed you, it took me a year to realize everything my father had done. All of the lying and manipulating. He corrupted my life and the society. He was a terrible father and person. I don't hate you, I can't blame you either." Aaron answers. I feel like a weight was lifted.