Chapter 10

Recap
I should of expected nothing less of the dragon queen
....
Scarlet
The voice of the dragon echoed through the mine shaft. I stand my ground but the soldiers are taken back, no surprise there.

"I wouldn't say queen." I say back, but now things get serious. I need answers. Dylan already told us some but I'm not placing all my trust on him. "Who are you and want do you want with me?"

Wouldn't you like to know? The dragon spits back. The rouge says and moves forward so his black scaled face would be visible in the light of our flashlights. There is a large scar on its left eye and I can tell by the faded color of its pupil that it's completely blind on its left side.

"No games, tell me what you are after." I say forcefully, my voice too echoes through the mine.

I want your power

"I have no power."

But you do and you don't know it. There is power within you.

"I don't know what you are talking about."

Of course you don't. I've been waiting so long to finally get what I want and now it's standing right in front of me.

I processed all of this. The rogue in front of me had to much knowledge to be a underling, not to mention the powerful vibe I was getting off of him. Suddenly the pieces fell together, it was a only a hunch though.

"You're the one." I paused. "50 years ago you took over the Rogue and made it what it is now."

She's smart too. Don't you think these humans are a waste of your time? He didn't stop. Just think what you could do, the other dragons will follow you and you know it is true. If you could use your power to the fullest extent. The rogue could offer you everything.

"I want nothing you have to offer." I say confidently and whip out an arrow. I shoot for the rouges good eye. The dragon turns it head and smashes into the rock wall.

"Run!" Aaron shouts and no one needs to be told twice. We all take off sprinting in the direction of the surface. The ground shakes as the rogue dragon behind us stumbles after us. I push my legs forward towards the light at the end of the tunnel. Its getting closer and closer, till finally we break in the sunlight. For a moment I'm blinded by the sudden change of brightness. A large shadow passes over us, I can only assume the dragon behind us took off into the sky. I regain my sight only to see rogue flying around above us and their leader, the one with scar, flying towards them. My dragons are fighting them with all their might, the numbers were even enough. I scan my surroundings and see Bane land and lay out a wing. I turn to Aaron who is gaze is turned to the sky.

"Aaron you shoot for the Rogue leader, tell your men to shoot down the others." I demand. He firmly nods and yells the orders to his men that made it back to the surface. Only half had made it back to the surface. I think about the men and women who were still in those mines, those who will never return. Don't let emotion control you right now. I shake the thought and run over to Bane, I run up the base of his wings and onto his back. Bane takes off into the sky, his powerful wings pushing us higher and higher. We burst through a thin layer of clouds. We end up right in the middle of the battle.

The rogue snapped their jaws and my dragons did their best to avoid their attacks. The rogues way of fighting is reckless, they had no defense and they went all out in attacking their opponent. They only focused on their target and no else. Taking advantage of this I notch an arrow and aim for the weakest part of a dragon, their eyes. I hit my target and the dragon roared in pain and fury. Distracted by the arrow I saw Ember swoop in to finish him off.

I remained on top of Bane as he flew about the skies helping others. I shot arrows rapidly, although my accuracy wasn't always spot on it was enough to get the job down. Below me Aaron and his men were doing a fine job of taking down rogues. Slowly their numbers dwindled down to about a dozen. The rogue leader let out a roar that shook the sky. Suddenly the other rogue stopped what they were doing and turned their attention to me. They flew towards Bane with astonishing speed. There change in attack took everyone off guard for a second. Bane quickly moved to avoid the first dragon. Bane was doing his best to avoid the on coming attacks but there too many. The other dragons tired to get them away from Bane but once they broke free they would charge again. With bane moving around so rapidly it was hard to get off and good shots.

Suddenly I was thrown off of Bane, in the corner of my eye I saw a black scaled dragon fighting Bane. I closed my eyes but I could still feel the sensation of falling, I'm going to die. I didn't have open my eyes to know the ground was getting closer and closer.

Then I stopped falling, I was hanging in the talons of a dragon. I turn my head to thank my rescuer. The color drains from my face when my eyes laid on the black scales carrying me.
.....
Aaron

Scarlet was riding on top a dragon that was be assaulted by all of the rogue. I saw the dragon struggling to avoid the attacks. A rogue attacked from behind and scarlet was thrown off.

She was falling, she didn't scream, she just fell. It's almost as if everything was going in slow motion, Scarlet was getting closer and closer to the ground until she was swooped up by a dragon. It had all happened so fast that it took me a second to realize that the dragon that held Scarlet by the talons was a rogue.

"No!" I shouted. I whipped out an arrow and fired but the Rogue was already to far away. Scarlet's dragons began to go after her but the remaining rogue stopped them. Scarlet and the rogue dragon disappeared. The remainder of the rogue put up a fight but they eventually fell by the hands of Scarlet's Dragons. I didn't have to be a dragon rider to see the devastation and loss on the dragons faces. Scarlet's gone.