Chapter 7

It has been forever since I've updated. I thank everyone who has taken the time out of their day to read my books.I'm sure people have been waiting for an update so here it is.

.......

I didn't get to many answers out of Dylan, mainly because Aaron's generals came in and took him away for questioning which they wouldn't let me join. I didn't know if I should believe a word that came out of this mouth. While I didn't know anything else to be true, the one thing that was true was that I wasn't alone, there is another dragon rider. I went to the cove where I could to talk to Astrid. After telling her about what happened in the society, we came to the same conclusion... we had no conclusion. We had no clue what to do. For now I just had to keep my guard up.

If what Dylan said was true, he just confirmed that the Rouge dragons wanted me dead and confirmed another terrifying fact. Those dragons could steal the power of their victims. Astrid had called a meeting with the other dragons to inform them of the newcomer. I sat in and listened.

Scarlet what do you want us to do? Astrid asks me. Good question... I just have to reply with the facts I know.

"Right now I want you to continue scouting the area, I want group of dragons on guard at all times. If you come in contact with rogue do not engage unless your are attacked, but be cautious. Until we can get some real answers those are your orders." I command the dragons give a curt nod and begin to leave the area to the others what there orders are. I turn to Astrid.

"When I get some answers I'll tell you." I say to her.

Be careful, if you get hurt who knows what Ember will do to me. Astrid says, I laugh.

" I'm going to head back to the society now, hopefully Aaron is done with his interrogation with Dylan." I sigh and walk off.

.......

I've been waiting in Aaron's office for what feels like an eternity. He had left some files out on his desk, and curiosity is starting to get the better of me. Just a peek. I opened the file and inside was a picture of me. It had everything from my hair color to my shoe size. Why would he be looking at this? There was another paper inside with recent sightings of me. There wasn't too many, by the looks of it he was trying to pinpoint my location on a map. There was second map, this one had different markings plus the markings of my old locations I don't know what this one was for though. I studied the second map some more. The markings were all towards the outside of the society, what did they mean though...

I think I found an answer. If I am right people here still don't trust me. By the looks of it they were trying to see if I had any relation to the rogue dragons. The markings are where they flew into the society and the lines connected them were to my old locations. People just don't change. With the file still in hand I heard footsteps coming towards the door. I put the file down and went over to the office table where I pretended to be very interested in a plant arrangement on the table.

Aaron walked in with a couple of his generals following him. He turned his head and saw me.

"What's up." I said with a smirk that spooked the generals behind him. Aaron's expression didn't really change, but he seemed to get why I was here.

"Scarlet I assume you want to talk to him," Aaron says and I nod, " general Neal come with us."

We walk out of his office with general Neal following us. I pick up my pace a little so I can stand next to Aaron.

"Has he said anything to you yet?" I ask. Aaron shakes his head.

"He said he would only talk if you were present." Aaron responds. Well at least they haven't gotten any more answers that I have.

"Do you know why?"

"No he literally hasn't said a word besides only talk if you were there." He paused, "Some of the generals are suspicious that you and him are working together." That explains the map on his desk.

"What about you?" I ask. Aaron takes a moment to respond.

"I believe that no matter what you are here to help, even if you were working with him, why would you help us in the first place." He said it more like a question then anything else. I simply nod in return.

We come to the door of a locked room. Aaron pulls out a ring of keys and picks one, he turns the lock and the door clicks and opens. Inside I can see that the windows are bared but they don't look that strong with some effort I could break through it. Dylan sat on the floor of the dark room, he turned his head when we walked in.

"Scarlet!" He says as if happy to see me, as if he were talking to an old friend. He flashes a grin, and for some reason I can help but feel the sides of my mouth want to return the smile. Dam what is it about him that makes me feel so at ease.

"What do you know about the rouge?" I say putting my guard up and wiping the emotion off of my face.

"I don't know a lot," He says quickly which startles Aaron standing next to me. "I couldn't see or hear much from where they had me locked up, but I know for sure that they want you dead. They also seem to hold some grudge against humans and dragon alike, in fact I'm not sure which one they hate more."

"How long did they have you locked up?" Aaron asks.

"I don't have any memory before they had me. I was trapped in cave, they had rocks that's blocked the entrance and only left a few holes for sunlight to peep in. They gave me food and water every once in a while it was enough to keep my alive." Dylan answers.

"Then how did you escape?" I say. I listen to the sound of his heartbeat to recognize any lie he might tell.

" I didn't." Dylan says but the quickly adds,"I woke up in the forest at the edge of town. I don't know how I got there, I don't remember leaving the cave they had me locked up in. I have no idea how I got out of there all I know is that I didn't want to go back so I ran to the city hoping to find you." Dylan says and looks at me. Nothing, I got nothing every single word he had said was the truth.

"What are your intentions now that you are out?" Aaron questions.

"I mean only to help, I know the rouge only want to do terrible things and I don't want that to happen." His heart beat remained steady, no skip or jump at all.

"Well, then General Neal take this man to clean up. Get some new clothes for him and he is welcome to stay here if he wants." Aaron says to the man behind us, then he turns to Dylan. " Don't leave the society we might need you in the future." Dylan nods and walks with the general away and down the hall. I should follow them. Something stops me and by something I mean Aaron's hand grabbing my arm.

"What?" I say quickly but not rudely.

"Be careful around him who knows what he really plans to do, for all we know this could all be a trick." Aaron lets go of my arm and I'm off down the hall to see where they went. Soon I was hopelessly lost, Using my dragon nose I tired to find a source of fresh air. I took a deep breath and smelt something that sent a chill down my spine. The smell was metallic and something else, my heart dropped to my stomach when I think I figured out what the smell was. Please let this not be true, the smell was so strong.

Following my nose I reached the front door. I ran full force and blew the door off its hinges. Sure enough the scent was stronger outside. It hit me like brick wall. The courtyard was filled with people, more specifically soldiers, they gathered in a circle surrounding something I could not see. I jumped over the men and landed inside the circle of soldiers.

I fell to my knees as if my legs had turned to jello, my hands went out to brace myself.

"Astrid?" My voice cracked. The eyes filled with fire locked with mine. Astrid's wings were torn to shreds, majority of her scales cut or torn of her body leaving nothing but a bloody mess. Her head lay on the ground, she tired to pick her head up but deep claw marks on her neck prevented her from doing so. Somehow finding the strength to move I took Astrids head in my hands I brought my forehead done to her's

Scarlet the Rogue attacked... Astrids voice was dying.

"I'm s-sorry." My voice was so shaky I would be surprised if anyone understood it. Astrid gave me one last longing look before the eyes of fire were simmered out.