Chapter 6

Scarlet POV

They were here.

They were flying in from everywhere, we were outnumber greatly. The rogue, the black scaled dragons were flying in and killing everything in sight. Astrid was unrecognizable, she was torn apart. The twins were behind me. Emerald and Coal were shouting for their mom, and dad. I watch helplessly from ground. I went to pull out my bow and arrow but they weren't there, my knifes were gone. I could only watch as Ember and Bane tried to take on one of the bigger dragons. They were losing. I tired to scream for help but my voice wouldn't work.

One by one I watch my family get torn apart by the dragons with black scales. Their blood was flung into the wind. The street were stained crimson from the fallen dragons. I heard a Whoosh behind me. I saw the red and green scales flash by me and get carried off by a rogue dragon. Emerald and Coal were in the talons of a rogue. I saw the talons pierce through their bodies. The dragon dropped them. I felt like I had been shot.There voices rang through my head

"Aunty Scarlet!"

"Lets play."

"You're it!"

The tears started to come and they poured out off my eyes faster than Niagara falls. There was a gaping hole in my chest. What am I going to Ember and Bane? I looked for them which proved to be a challenge with my watery eyes. I saw them in the distance. Ember had latched herself onto the back of a rogue, she bite and slashed at the dragon with everything she had. I realized why, the dragon had Bane by the neck. It jaws seemed to never open, it shook Bane around. Bane's body went still and Ember roared with so much rage that it shock the ground I stood on. Bane's body dropped from the sky. The rogue shook Ember of his back and snapped its jaw at her. No Ember Please. They clashed and the rogue got the first hit and drew blood from Embers stomach with its talons.

Ember ignored it and bit the wing of the other dragon, she drew blood as well. The rogue's wing was crippled and was flying a bit funny. Ember you can do it. The rogue looked furious and with speed I thought wasn't possible we flew at Ember. Ember didn't have enough time to react before the dragon was latched onto her back clawing and biting at everything. I felt the pain, I felt all of it just by watch helplessly from the side. Every slash, every claw, every bite, and it was more painful than anything. Ember jerked the dragon her back around but then it got its jaw of wicked sharp teeth locked around Ember's neck. I heard the snap from here. Ember stopped all movement and fell to the ground defeated. Dead.

I screamed.

.....

Aaron POV

The sun had just risen when I heard Scarlet begin to shift. She must be awake too, my back was a little stiff from sleeping on the couch. I sat up and stretched out my arms. I walked into the closet to grab a shirt and then to the bathroom to fix my hair and wash my face. When I walked out of the bathroom the sheets made weird noises as Scarlet moved around. I looked to see her still fast asleep. Even though she was asleep a look of pure terror was on her face. I quickly went to the bed side and tired to wake her up. I placed a my hand on her shoulder to shake her but she was shaking me. Her body seemed to shiver and jerk at random.

"Hey Scarlet." I said and gently shook her, all of sudden tears started to pour out of her eyes. Oh god what do I do?

"Scarlet!" I say a little louder. She curls into a ball and screams. I jump back at first, realize she's still asleep, and quickly move back to her as he cries fill the room. I've never heard a scream so heart wrenching.

"Scarlet wake up!" I shout. She shoots up, her eyes wide. Scarlet was still crying, silent tears poured out of her eyes. She has a wild look in her eyes, we lock eyes.