I was a cold hearted killer, it was who I was trained to be, but somehow I felt saddened at her death - guilty at the fact that I couldn't save her.

I couldn't save her.

Shuffling to lay my right side, I reminded myself that there was nothing I could do for her; there was nothing I could do to save her and get her out of this life. As I let my eyes flutter close, I knew that even though I couldn't save her, I was going to save myself. I would get out of here and pay my respects to the young girl whose innocence and purity died in the place of my imperfections and crimes. I let myself drift away with the thought of taking down Hector De Donté plucking at the strings of my mind.

_______

The beautiful aroma of maple syrup woke me up, my eyes busting open. Sitting up, I saw a woman sitting at the edge of my mattress with her eyes focused down on the plates before her. Her blonde hair fanned down the sides of her face in a pixie cut and her small fingers picked at the food in front of her.

Pancakes.

Soaked in maple syrup were pancakes that looked fresh and ready to eat. My stomach grumbled at the sensation but I sat still and curiously looked at the woman. When she glanced up I recognized her huge green eyes. She must have cut her hair from the last time she came to me. This was the second time I had seen her in my room uninvited.

The door was open behind her her but she didn't seem afraid like she was the last time she was in my room. Sitting on her calves without a sense of worry or fear in her green eyes. She leaned forward, reaching for the second plate, before handing it to me.

"Eat," she said softly. Her voice was soothing and it pulled you in without you even realizing. Her lips curved into an encouraging smile as she pushed the plate closer to me. I looked down at the plate that called out to me then looked back up. Her smile didn't falter. Wordlessly, I took the plate from her and guardedly took the first bite. From that point on, my hunger became my only focus and I ignored the kind woman sitting in front of me.

I finished the plate in seconds; what started out to be careful consumption turned into accelerated divulging. I could feel her eyes on me but I didn't care. This was my first meal in months, I was going to take in every bit of it. I was finished before she was, so I just sat and watched her. She was a mystery, but she was always helping me.

"What's your name?" I questioned. She looked up at me with a warm smile, the warmest smile I've ever seen in months.

"Caroline,"

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to give you food. You must've have been really hungry," she frowned.

"No, that's not what I meant. Why are you here? Who are you?"

Her green eyes locked onto mine, "I'm here to help you, you have nothing to fear from me,"

"I don't -"

"Come," she said as she stood, "I am supposed to take you to the showers. Afterwards, I'll introduce you to your new trainer,"

She held out an arm for me, lifting me off the floor. I looked at her, my eyes scanning her face for a sign - anything - that would help me try to figure out who she was and why she was so kind to me when she hardly even knew me. Why was she so keen on helping me? What was her role here?

She looped her hand with me and we walked out the room. My eyes scanned the new environment. It was then I realized we hadn't moved. I recognized the same broken windows, the same steel over them that trapped me in the hellhole, the same railings that prevented us from falling. Everything was the same, only a bit higher. Just a bit. We were four stores up, my line of sight matching those broken windows I had to look up at before.

The bathrooms were much different. Only the cleanliness, or the latter, was different. It seemed like someone actually put some effort into it. The toilets and sinks weren't all yellow and rusty, so there was some improvement.

"I'll just be outside," she said as she brought me in the tiled room. Letting go of my arm, she walked across the room to grab some scrubs then handed them to me, "you can change in these then we'll go meet your trainer. Oh, he's not that bad, trust me," she added after seeing my facial expression. She walked out after that, giving me the privilege to have a private shower.

I took all the time I needed, letting my train of thought stop at the mention of a new trainer. Well, from what I'd experienced, all the guys here are complete assh0les so I could expect that much from this new one. I let the water bring me to life so I would have the energy to fight this "new guy" if the need arose.

I would be ready.

********

Heeey guys! So sorry that this chapter is a few hours late but Black Friday is THE worst. My feet are so swollen from all the work I did today. I hope I get my paycheck really soon because ugh.

Anyway :D

How'd you guys like the chapter? Trinity's friend is back! Yaay! And she's out of that terrible place of darkness. I would've done another chapter like that but I was like

 I would've done another chapter like that but I was like

She's suffered enough. Haha

If you loved this chapter, don't forget to vote! And if you didn't, tell me why! :) I love when you comment (yes, I do)

Here's how to get me otherwise:

Bye now loves! See you in the next chapter :) PS - Be prepared for insanity

Bye now loves!
See you in the next chapter :)
PS - Be prepared for insanity

Bye now loves! See you in the next chapter :) PS - Be prepared for insanity

**

Copyright © Ashleigh Parkers 2016