Chapter Twenty-Five

(Y/N) P.O.V.

The dragon that I saw last night was deadly dangerous and one of the competitors had to go against it. The dragon was the legendary Roman Shadow Mountain Dragon. The most dangerous dragon of all time. It can disappear into the shadows whenever it wants and can blow a flame hotter than any other. I hope I'm not the one who has to go against it in the first task.
I walk out into the courtyard to see Draco arguing with Harry as usual. Harry turns and walks of while Draco pulls out his wand. Before he can cast a spell he gets turned into a white ferret by Professor Moody. I run over and shift into a mountain lion. I growl at the Professor and he takes a step back.
"Professor Moody. Is that a student." Shrieks Professor McGonagal. I shift back and kneel beside the Draco ferret.
"Yes it is. He turned Draco into a ferret because he was going to cast a spell to fix Harrys uniform. As you can see Harrys jumper is ripped at the back." I say quickly. Everyone turns to look at Harry to see a rip running from the collar down his back. Professor McGonagal nods and turns to back to Draco. She waved her wand and Draco turned back. I rush to his side and pull him shakily into my arms.
"Alistor Moody. What did Dumbledore tell you about turning students into animals?" Professor McGonagal scolded.
"Not to." Professor Moody hung his head and lumbered off with Harry not far behind him. Professor McGonagal nods to me and Draco before walking off. Blaise hurries over and Draco shivers.
"I don't know how you do it (Y/N). Being an animal is horrifying." He gasps and I chuckle.
"Well that depends on the animal. You got turned into an animal that isn't necessarily good to be turned into. But you did look pretty cute." I add causing him to shoot me a playful glare.
"I'll get you for that." He growls cheekily making me smirk.
"And I'll be waiting." I say softly. Blaise snorts and I roll my eyes.
"You can look after Draco now. I have somewhere I need to be. Good luck Blaise and see you later ferret." I laugh at Draco and Blaises twin expressions and I shift into a Griffin. With a loud scwark I leap into the air and fly off towards the Forbidden Forest.

~Timeskip~

I wait inside the tent with Harry, Viktor, Cedric and Fleur. Today was the first task and all of us were nervous. The waiting crowd were cheering for us outside and I had to take a deep breath so I wouldn't freak out. A flash of light appears and I turn to see Rita Skeeter standing with her magic quill. "Ah how spectacular. All of the competitors waiting for their first task." She says with a dramatic sigh. I shift into a large eagle and scwark at her unhappily before shifting back.
"You should leave so I don't get tempted to eat you the next time I see your hard outer shell." I threaten. She pales and scurries off. Rita is an unregistered Animagus. Her for is a small black beetle. Perfect for spying on people for juicy information.
"Nice vork." Says Viktor with an approving nod.
"Thank you." I reply with a nod.
Barty Crouch appears with Dumbledore, Hagrid and a few others. "Gather around everyone." Barty Crouch said quickly. We all stand in a circle around him and he pulls out a bag. As he opens it smoke rises from the top.
"Reach inside please." He says to Cedric. He does as he's told and he pulls out a small Swedish Short-Snout. Next Fleur pulls out a small Common Welsh Green then Viktor pulls out a small Chinese Fireball. I clench my hands as I look at the bag. Inside is the last two dragons. Both were the most dangerous. One more than the other and I hope I get the least dangerous one.
Harry reaches shakily into the bag and pulls out the least dangerous if the two. The Hungarian Horntail. It is a strong, vicious and very powerful dragon. My hands grow sweaty as I reach into the bag. My hands clasp around a warm object and I slowly pull it out. When I open my hand I groan in dispair. It was the Roman Shadow Mountain Dragon. The one I saw the other day and by far the most dangerous.
"Seriously people. Seriously. Why the hell did you bring a Roman Shadow Mountain. They are the most dangerous dragon in the world and I have to verse it. If I die during this you'll have to pray for your lives." I growl threateningly. Everyone in the room stiffens at my outburst and I stalk of to the corner.
A cannon blows and Cedric walks out into the arena. The small dragon dissapeared from my palm and I shivered slightly.
A roar comes from out side then the crowd cheered. Cedric made it through. Then Fleur went out. Once again she passed. So did Viktor. Next was Harry. I watched him leave before I got up and shifted into a mouse. I scurry outside to see Harry dodging the dragons horned tail and fire. Suddenly a broom came out of nowhere and Harry jumped on.
He was diving towards the egg when the dragon blasted fire at him so he had to pull up. The dragon flew after him and the chain snapped. I gasp as I wach Harry fly towards the school with the dragon close behind.
I scurry back inside and shift back into my human form. Without realizing it I zone out and begin to wring my hands.
A cannon blasts and I'm snapped out of my trance. I walk outside with my head held high and confident when really on the inside I'm freaking out. I look up at the crowd to see them looking around curiously. The dragon was nowhere in sight but I knew better. The dragon was in the shadows.
Slowly I scan tge arena to see the largest shadow. Carfully I draw my wand and get ready. "Estanados." I yell. A jet of white hot lightning flies from the end of my wand ind into the shadows. A roar fills rhe air and I know I hit it. Slowly the dragon slinks from the shadows and the watching crowd gasps and screams.
Just as the dragon opens it's mouth to breath fire I growl. "Don't even think about it." The dragon closes it's mouth and looks at me, shocked.
I walk towards it and put my wand away. The crowd goes crazy when I stop in front of it and put my hands on my hips. "Sit." I growl. The dragon growls in return and rises to it's full height.
"I said...SIT!" I yell and point to the ground. The dragon flinches and whimpers. She hangs her head and sits down like a dog. I glare at it and she hangs her head even more.
"Now stay." I say firmly before walking over to the golden egg. I lift it into the air and the crowd goes wild. Absolutley wild. The dragon looks at my with sad eyes and I walk over to it. Slowly I bow down to her and she blows a happy plume of smoke towards me.
"Your welcome. I sorry they took you away from your nest." I whisper to it. The dragon nudges me before slinking back off into the shadows. I look up into the crowd with a smile before walking off. The other competitors swarn over to me and we listen to Dumbledore as he tells us the results. As he pronounces me first I jump up and down happily.
I have won thr first task with my astounding act. In all the history of the world nobody has told a dragon to 'sit' and it do so without a charm or spell but I did just that. I have won the first task.