Chapter Twenty-Four

Dracos P.O.V.

I watch Dumbledore walk over to the Goblet of Fire. Today was the day the competitors for the Triwizard Tournament would get chosen. Everyone was sitting in the Great Hall which was dimly lit by the Goblets fire as it flickered in front of the crowd. To me the fire looked teasing and as if it were laughing at us. (Y/N) sat beside me with her eyes firmly locked on the Goblets Fire. Her face was slightly frightened and nervous. I take her hand and her shoulders relax but her gaze doesn't leave the fire.
"Welcome everyone. Let the Goblet begin to choose the competitors." Dumbledore called so everyone in the Hall could hear.
The fire spat out a slip of paper and Dumbledore plucked it from the air. "The Competitor from Durmstrang is...Viktor Krum." He calls and Viktor proudly walked t the front. (Y/N) narrows her eyes and hisses unhappily. She hates Viktor a lot.
The Goblet spat out another slit of paper and once again Dumbledore read out the name. "From Beuxbatons is Fleur Delacour." A pretty blonde girl walked to the front and stood next to Viktor.
When the Goblet spat out the last piece of paper all of Hogwarts were sittimg on the edges of their seats. "The Hogwarts competitor is...Cedric Diggory." Dumbledore calls. I roll my eyes as the Hufflepuff Cedric Diggory walked to the front and stood next to Fleur.
Just as Dumbledore was about to talk the Goblet spat out another slip of paper. (Y/N) stiffened and her jaw dropped. "We have another competitor. It is...Harry Potter." He mumbles the name but we all heard it. My head snaps in the direction of a pale and astounded Potter.
"Harry Potter." The headmasters calls louder this time and Harry slowly and shakily walks up to the front. Dumbledore watches him with shock written all over his face. The Professors were shuffling around unhappily at the front of the Hall. This wasn't surpose to happen.
Suddenly a phoenix rose from the Goblets flame and flew over to us. It swooped down and landed on (Y/N)s shoulder before it flew back and turned into a slip of bright red paper.
Dumbledore grabbed it quickly and his eyes widened in surprise.
"The Slytherin Hier?" He looked at the Slytherins suspiciously and I felt (Y/N) shaking nervously.
"No, no, no. This can't be happening." She muttered.
"THE SLYTHERIN HIER." Dumbledore roared. All eyes went to (Y/N) and she shifted into a white owl. She flew to the front and landed beside Dumbledore. He looked down at her and she handed him something. He nods and (Y/N) walks over to stand next to Harry. I state at her with wide eyes and she sends me a quick smile.
This Triwizard Tournament will be like no other for this one has not three competitors but five.

(Y/N)s P.O.V.

I walk hurriedly out of the Great Hall with the other competitors. Harry was shaking and pale but honestly I couldn't blame him, this was not surpose to happen. Dumbledore let me head back to the Slytherin Common Room and I thanked him greatly. He took the others off and into a room just down the corridor from his office.
I take off at a run so it doesn't take me too long to get outside into the fresh air. I gulped in deep breaths as I begin to panic and hyperventilate. "No, no, no. No, no, no. This isn't happening. This can't be happening. Gahhh what the hell just happened." I groan and begin to pace. Voices come from the school behind me and I spin around to see it's Draco and Gia. They run over to me quickly when they spot me standing shakily on the grass outside.
"How did that happen? You never put your name in the Goblet and only us Slytherins know your the Slytherin Hier." Dracos growls quickly. I sigh and feel weak in the knees.
"I think she got set up by someone." Gia says with a dark growl. Draco and I nod but I can't think of who'd be able to do that. Also Harry's name was drawn out. This means someone must have cursed the Goblet so it would spit out five names. It would have had to be a very strong curse performed by a strong and talented wizard. But who?

I jerk upright at the slight sound of a distant roar from somewhere in the Forbidden Forest. Gia hears it to and she also sits up now wide awake. I open the window and jump out, shifting into a Griffin as I did so. I hovered by the window and Gia cautiously climbed onto my back. She held onto my feathers and I flew off towards the sound. Flames erupted from the trees followed by multiple yelling voices. I fly to the ground and Gia clambers off so I can shift back. The smell of smoke, people and dragons fills my nose and I growl.
"Great. Just great. The first task is dragons. My favourite." I growl even more and we slink off in the direction of the fire-breathing creatures.
We come to a break in the trees and undergrowth to see 5 cages. Four of which had dragons in them. The last one was covered in blue and black flames. People were running back and forth yelling frantically. Suddenly a gigantic creature appears in the cage. It was black with glowing purple eyes. It's wings were spidery and thread like. Spikes adorned its neck and back. "You've got to be kidding me."