Chapter Six

(Y/N)s P.O.V.

After I've changed into my robes I make sure Ice is comfortable and hidden. I take a deep breath and head back to Draco and the others.
I walk into the compartment to see everyone is in their robes as well. I sit next to Draco and I glance at his hand. Wrapped around his finger like a ring is one of the rarest snakes in the world. The Slytherin serpent. Its small, smart, helpful, loyal and very dangerouse and venomous. If you get bitten by one you only have limitted time till your in excrusiating pain and begin to hallucinate. Unless your bitten by it when it's under a powerful spell.
It looks good on his finger. I'm glad I gave him that one.
I gently placed my hand ontop of the small snake and stroked it gently before pulling my hand away and looking out the window at the nearing Hogwarts station.

~Time skip (Hogwarts)~

I climb off the Threstle drawn carriage and I sneekily feed the Threstle a small piece of meat before running over to a waiting group of friends. "What were you doing?" Crabbe mumbled. I glance at him in amazement. I've heard they rarely talked.
"I was feeding the Threstles." I say as I walk up the steps next to Draco.
"There's nothing there." Blaise replied as he looked back at the reyreating carriage.
"You can't see them because you haven't seen death and remembered it. I have." I said grimly.
"Ah. (Y/N) (L/N). Please to meet you. I'm Professor McGonagal and I am to take you to the Great Hall with the first years. Since you aren't in a house." A tall woman in green said as she appeared beside me causing me to jump.
"Of course. See you later guys." I call as I follow Professor McGonagal towards a group of young, nervouse looking kids.
"You know my dear they are in Slytherin. You may not get put in the same house as them." The Professor said from beside me.
"Oh I'll be put in Slytherin. I promise." I say under my breath.
The doors to the Great Hall open and I walk in with my head down. Ice hisses quietly.
"I hope you keep your promise. I'm starting to like Draco and I know you do too." I laugh under my breath and a smile plays across my lips.
When I reach the front I feel a pair of eyes burning into my back. I turn my head to see Draco smiling at me. I'm about to smile back when I sence a dark aura in the room. Its seeping through the doors. My face turns to that of a stone statue. Draco sees that somethings wrong and his face drops.
"Welcome back to Hogwarts and welcome to those who are new to Hogwarts. Let's begin the sorting." I look towards the front and wring my hands.
Professor McGonagal began to call people forwards. They got sorted and sat down at their house table. Time couldn't have gone any slower.
Suddenly I realise I'm the last person left to be sorted. Everyones eyes were on me and I felt one gaze in particular. It was stronger than the others. I turn in the direction of which it came to see a familiar face. Lupin. I hiss under my breath.
"Now we have a student who is to join the third years. She was unable to come to Hogwarts the last two years but now she is free to join us. (Y/N) (L/N) please come forwards." I walk towards the stool where Professor McGonagal stood with the sorting hat.
As I sat down and felt the hat get placed on my head I sent a vision through the hat to Professor McGonagal.
'Sirius tore the painting of the fat lady apart. "Let me in." He roared. "Let me into the Griffendor common room NOW." He stood in his dog form and growled. When voices began to come closer he turned and ran. He ran through the shadows and dissapeared.'
Professor McGonagal froze and I nodded my head slightly. She relaxed a little and removed her hand from the hat.
"Ahh. A tough one. You are brave. Your smart. Your a cunning trixter. You also have a strong heart. Now where to put you." The hat mumbled and I hissed ever so slightly. The hat senced it and I felt it make up it's mind quickly.
"You'll be put in...SLYTHERIN." I sigh with relief and I walk off to the cheering Slytherin table. I glanced behind me to see Professor McGonagal and the sorting hat mumbling to Professor Dumbledore.
I walk over to Draco and I slip into the seat next to him. He takes my hand and I feel a wave of calm wash over to me.
"He's in the castle Draco. And so is his friend." I hiss uneasily so only Draco could hear.
"What?" Draco growls and his grip on my hand tightens protectively. "Where is he?" I shake my head.
"The question is what does he actually want? I should be glad but I'm not. He's not just after me. He's after something more." Draco stiffens next to me and I caress the back of his hand with my thumb. He slowly begins to relax. Suddenly Professor Dumbledore yells something and food appears infront of us.
But for some reason. I'm not hungry.

~Time Skip~

Dracos P.O.V.

I watch (Y/N) as she walks next to me into the Slytherin common room. She didn't eat anything at dinner and she looked very pale.
We walk into the common room and I'm greeted with the familiar light that I've missed. Patterns from the black lake flickered over the celing and the fire roared in the corner sending green light flickering over the walls.
(Y/N) gasped and stopped walking. I looked back at her to see her face was worried and pale. She raced over to a statue if Salhazar Slitherin and placed her hand onto the stone snake around his neck. I watch as the snakes eye popped open to reveil a sparkling wand. She pulled it out and the other Slytherins gathered around her.
I push through the crowd to see she was floating just above the ground. A faint green light shone around her and a smile covered her face.
When she landed on the ground she walks over to me and placed the tip of the wand onto the snake around my finger. I gasp as a sharp pain fills my hand as the small snake bit me. (Y/N) mumbles something and the snake takes out its fangs. I feel stronger, more powerful. My senses fell sharper and I'm suddenly awear of everything in the room.
I raise an eyebrow at (Y/N) when I hear multiple hisses coming from a pocket in her robes. Her face flushes and she pulls the wand from my head.
She turns to the crowd and scowls at them threateningly. They back off and get sorted into their dorms.
"Draco Malfoy and (Y/N) (L/N) come here. The Slytherin Perfect calls from across the common room. I take (Y/N)s hand and I lead her over to him.
"Lucius and Narcissa have instructed that we give you two an area to yourselves. The painting over there is the door."
The perfect pointed to a large painting of a girl who looked like an older version of (Y/N) with an almost identical snake to Ice but with purple stripes and eyes instead of blue. (Y/N) gasps inward and walks over to the painting. I follow close behind. She suddenly takes my hand and pulls me through the painting. It felt cold and it made me dizzy when I came through on the other side.
"You'll get use to it. The painting of mother will only let me and you through. From now on you can just walk straight through." (Y/N) said softly. We walk into a small common room like area with a fire, some chairs, couches, and a few tables. There were two narrow staircases that lead to our rooms.
Then a sudden realization hit me about what she said before. "Wait...That painting is of your mum?" She shrugs and kisses my cheek.
"Yea. She was a Slytherin. But anyway...Goodnight Draco. I'll see you tomorrow." I watch her walk up a stairway and I place a hand on my cheek.
The snake around my finger uncurled itself and shot up my arm. It coiled up on my shoulder as I walk up the other set of stairs to my new room.
There was only one thing going around in my head.
(Y/N).