Chapter Fourty-Nine

CHAPTER FOURTY-NINE

ISAS POV

"Excuse me; you're the family of mister Horan and mister Irwin, right?" A woman in a long white coat asks.

"Yeah" Calum says. We are their family, only not official.

"They're awake, you are allowed to see them"

"Ok, thank you so much" Calum says while the boys get up.

"Guys, I'm not going in there. Both Ashton and Niall will hate me" I tell them.

"Urgh, Isa. Stop, and just come with us" Luke says.

"Luke, I really can’t"

"You can, and if I have to, I'll drag you into that room myself"

"But Luke..."

“No buts” Luke says pushing me into the room.

I follow the boys towards the room where Niall and Ashton both are. And walk in with shaking hands.

"Hi" I say softly.

"Ashton first" Niall says with a smile on his face, pointing towards a coughing Ashton.

He looks so bad. His face is pale and his hands are shaking like hell. Urgh, I wish I could do something about it.

"No, I'm fine" Ashton says with a really creaky voice.

"Ashton, I'm so sorry" I say walking towards him, looking at his hand.

"Don't look at it, it's gross" he says pulling it back.

"I'm so sorry"

"Isa, don't say that. I was in the kitchen, forgot to blow out a candle. It fell on the carpet and it just went up in flames. I tried to stop the fire but..."

"Ashton... I have to tell you something"

"Yeah…?"

"I'm a really bad person"

"Why?"

"I used you to get over Niall" I say with tear in my eyes.

"Isa, you're not a bad person"

"I am"

"I used you to get over Charlotte"

"Wait... What"

"Yeah, and it helped. I don't like her anymore, so you can go back to Nialler"

"Ashton, you dick" I say hitting his arm.

"You did the same, so we're even"

"True. I’m still not in love with you, you know"

"And I'm not in love with you so"

"I love you" I say pulling him into a hug.

"Love you too"

"Uhm... Guys... I don't get this" Luke says.

Ashton and I explain what happened the last week. Why we just 'used' each other and what happened with Niall. Actually when I listen to my own story I sound like some slut, gosh. I never thought I'd turn into such a dickhead. I almost slept with my best friend, while I'm still in love with Niall. That's just horrible.

After a couple of minutes the doctors take Ashton with them for some tests, while the boys go out of the room, after I forced them. So now I can be alone with Niall. We need Nisa talk.

I sit down at the end of the bed and face Niall. He looks so cute in this weird hospital dress-thingy. I still get that weird feeling when I look at him. My world just lights up when I look at him. Don't ask me why. Maybe it’s his eyes, his smile, and the dimple that mystically appears on his face when he smiles. But only in his 'I'm really happy' smile. Or maybe it’s just everything.