Chptr. 45

"At the end of the world

Or the last thing I see

You are

Never coming home

Never coming home..."

~ The Ghost of You by My Chemical Romance from the album 'Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge'

(Song is up above! The entire album can be found on Spotify, iTunes, Google Play, etc.)

~

...

One week later...

"I guess in a way it was your time to go..." Thalia said while looking at the dark-blue coffin in front of her. Her black dress and black shoes were soaked due to of the rain falling down. Her teeth were chattering as the demigod just lost more and more control over her emotions. It was a dark day for the entire world. The sky was weeping.

Grover and Nico were standing next to each other as they looked at her in pain. Ever since Percy died, she had not been the same... She had been so broken and lost, they just didn't know what to do to help her. To be honest, they didn't know to handle their own emotions. "You have been through so much, Percy, fuck..." "No cursing at a..." "Leave her, pastor," Nico snapped at the man who looked in shock at the teenager. "I just hope you finally find rest, rest you should have gotten while you were alive..." Sobs came out of Thalia's mouth as she fell to her knees with pain in her heart. "I... I..." Grover walked over to her, kneeling down beside her, wrapping her arms around her shoulders. Nico looked down at the coffin, a painful look on his face as tears rolled down his cheeks, his heart cracking bit by bit while the pastor sighed. "It's time to throw the earth over the..." No response came from the teenagers as the pastor looked sadly over to them. Whatever happened had hit them deeply and hard, the dying of a friend. No, more than a friend. Family. A brother. He did not have the heart to finish the sentence as he knew that would mean it was truly over. He was truly gone. He was never coming back...

"Pastor, could you leave, we'll... We'll do the rest..." Will said, his blue eyes filled with the sadness in his heart and soul, tearing down the walls around the pastor's heart. "Okay..." As the man left, all he could think about was the hurting they must have been and go through in the last days and upcoming months. "I never..." Nico started, his voice cracking like a paper. "I never thought he would... go this way. I always thought it would be a battle in the War. Or some stupid monster... Not one of the people he had trusted with his life!" Nico punched the tree beside him as he yelled. "He did not deserve this! We did not deserve any of this!" Sadness took over the words of Nico Di Angelo as he turned back to the others. "We did not deserve to fight battles that are not ours! To be hurt this way! To be in a fuckin' war!" "Nico..." "No, just..." Nico turned around and walked away, darkness consuming his heart and tearing it apart, shadows appearing out of nowhere, making even the sun look grey.

...

"Poseidon?"

Hades entered Atlantis through its small gate on the side as he looked around, searching for his brother. He knew he should not go through the big, great entrance as the God of the Underworld, scaring almost everything and everyone in the land of the living. He walked a bit further, eventually finding his brother in the throne room, looking down on the ground from his great throne. "Brother?" Hades asked softly, trying not to shock the great god in front of him. Poseidon looks up, his hair grey and his eyes dull as if there was no life in them. "I have news about Percy..." Poseidon had heard enough, if Hades had news, it could only mean one thing... "NO!" He screams as the earth shook around them and the sea started to become darker and darker with the second. The God of the seas fell down from his throne on his knees as if he had fought a battle and lost it. "He's in Elysium now, brother. He will have peace," Hades said as he laid his hand on his brother's head. "He will get to be with his love... His friends... Everyone he has loved on earth." No response came from the god below Hades. But grieve had already consumed every inch of Poseidon's body. "Please... Leave, Hades. Leave me." "Whatever you want, Poseidon... Whatever you want..." Hades said while walking out of the throne room, leaving his brother...

...

Tony was sitting in his chair in the living room as he suddenly heard a voice beside him. "He really cared about you, y'know..." Tony stood up in a quick move to see the Gothic Dude, a friend of... "What are you doing here?" "Telling you stuff about him... Grieving... You should be happy to see me, Stark. I bet you only saw Avengers the whole darn time who just went 'Oh I feel so sorry for you, Tony!'." Nico said everything in a dark way except for the last part which was in a girly voice. "Just shut up," Tony said to the teenager. "I'm not the one drinking my sadness away." "Again the question, why are you here, shouldn't you be somewhere with you friends or family or... I don't even get it anymore!" Tony threw his hands in the air as his glass flew around the room, eventually shattering as it hit the hard floor. "I'm here to take you to Percy's funeral, Stark. Take it or leave it," Nico said in a serious voice. "You what..." "Take it or leave it, you have ten seconds to decide, they are ending the thing now." "Well, I'm coming but..." Before Tony could even finish, Nico had stood up, walked over to him and grabbed his hand. "Uhm..." "Just shut your mouth, Stark, I'm doing this for him." Nico ran to the wall, dragging Tony with him. "NO! NO!" But before he even realised what happened, he was standing on a cemetery, two teenagers standing a few feet away. He saw the hole in the ground. "My god..."

...

Tony looked down as he poured down the first piece of earth onto the coffin, tears blurring his view. "Oh god..." He whispered. As the rest threw their bit of earth into the hole, it did not felt like closure... It felt like a big hole in their hearts, old scars being reopened, theirs walls being torn down... But in a way, it felt like a new beginning. The start of something new and big. A new place to live... A new way to live... New people to meet... A new life... "I have to take you home, Tony," Nico said, his throat sore and well... He looked terrible in every way of the word. "Yeah..." Tony did not bother to look up as Nico grabbed his hand and walked trough the shadows.

"Goodbye, mister Stark."

Tony looked up and the kid was gone. Gone to never be seen again.

...

"Phase three is ready to go."

...

THE END!

(28th of September 2016: the sequel is published: "Percy Jackson & The Avengers 2: The Rising"!)

Everybody thank you so much for your support, in the end, I could not have done this with each and every one of you. The story truly means a lot to me and I hope I have done a good job at writing it.

For everyone who is not feeling good about themselves, be yourself, don't try to fit in (believe me, it's boring!). You're special! You are born to BE special! Everyone is, but some people let themselves be fooled and are turned normal (ugh). You are an amazing person filled with love and hope. You have a golden heart, don't let anyone change that about you. Never...

Stay yourself, you're the most beautiful and fun that way :)

As for the story... I did not get anything relating the story's continuation or ending. So I have no clue whether there will be a sequel or a new fanfiction. Again the choice is within your hands, so I leave it up to you...

Good luck with the choice haha!

Lots of love from the Netherlands,

I hope you have a wonderful day,

Keep on smilin'!

Xo'

Maria