Derek - long (request). ✔️

Warnings: one quick mention of blood, two maybe three swear words. A dash of angst, and I think that's it really.

"Hey there beautiful." Mark said walking up to you, he had been hitting on you the last few weeks. You blushed, and let out a shy smile. Honestly you didn't really mind his compliments. He had been really sweet, and even remembered your birthday when only one other person had.

"Hey Mark, how's it going?" You asked trying to be nice, and little surprised to see him. Since you were walking down your street and he lived across town. But shrugged it off as there were plenty of people who lived here that he could be visiting.

"My day has been going fine, but do you know what would make it even better (Y/N)?" he said, getting closer, and a little too close for your comfort.

''What?" You asked slightly confused, and not really into his guessing game. You preferred people be straight with you, something you didn't get a lot of in this town.

"A date you, tonight, my place." He said a little suggestively, and once again coming a little bit closer to you. Yes, you did enjoy the compliments, and someone saying hello to you But you weren't actually interested in the slightest. You looked at him a little awkwardly. Him giving you a smile though it was becoming more of a smirk as he looked you over.

Before you replied you took a small step back, and a small breath. "I'm sorry Mark, but I'm just not interested in you like that. I'm really flattered, but I think I'll have to pass. I'd love to hang out sometime though, as friends. You could meet my friends!" you let him down, kindly and politely. "Me and my friend Derek are going to hang out later today, maybe you could come?" you said, though stated it more as a question. You smiled at him brightly trying to show more that you were sorry, and you did like him in some way. Though he wasn't happy with your suggestions.

His smirk became an angry frown. "Really, (Y/N)? That's all you have to say after me flirting with you, and saying nice things! I even worked hard to find out your birthday, and I thought I was lucky to find out it was gonna be soon! You were so thankful! Remember? I was the only one who remembered it?" his tone becoming harsh, and he started to yell slightly. He once again was getting to close to you, yelling.

"You weren't the only one!" you snapped at him, angry he thought compliments would get him whatever he wanted from you. As if some 'sweet talking' meant an invitation into anyone's pants.

"Oh really? Who else gave a sh*t about you?" He yelled at grabbing your bicep really hard in his hand. You winced, and tried to pull away. Though he only continued to yell, holding you tighter. You tried to turn away looking for someone to help you, but your street was empty. You closed your eyes and tried to lean away, ignoring the rude vulgar things he was saying to you. Opening your eyes again in slight bit of excitement when you thought you heard the sound of a car, and to your luck there was one pulling up. A very familiar black car was parking beside you two. He stopped his yelling, and directed his attention to the tall man getting out of the car. "The hell you want buddy?" Mark yelled at him.

"For you to take your hand off of (Y/N)." Derek said calmly, giving the man and emotionless hard stare.

"Go away she's not into you, okay? She's mine so just f*** off." Mark yelled, yanking you over and away from the man. His squeeze cutting of your circulation. Though your 'Savior' didn't quite appreciate it. His stare became an intimidating frown. He walked towards Mark, quickly and for a split second you could swear his eyes flashed their vibrant blue for a split second. Once he got to you two you could see the height difference, Derek seemingly towered over Mark. Mark began to let go, and began to cower in Derek's presence.

Derek began to raise his fist. "Derek!" you screamed, but it was too late. Derek punched him square in the nose. Some blood began to trickle out his nose. He attempted to wipe it away, now completely letting go of your arm. You ran over behind Derek, he raised his arm again slowly as a threat. Mark looked at him in fear taking off in the opposite direction down the sidewalk. Mark attempted to look back but tripped and fell over. You laughed slightly at his misfortune, though for a moment you honestly thought he deserved it. Derek turn to look at you.

"(Y/N)! Are you okay? Show me your arm!" He said taking your hand in his, his hand practically enveloped your entire hand. He went to pulled up your sleeve, but you pulled your arm away. "What is it?" he asks looking at you quizzically.

"I'm fine Derek! I might have a small bruise that's it! What's got you so worked up?" You said defensively.

"The fact that guy had his hands on you! He hurt you and yelled at you! Why shouldn't I be worked up?" Derek said raising his voice slightly, thought he quieted down, and just looked at you with a complete look of worry. "(Y/N) you got to be careful, no more talking to that guy. You see him turn the other way! Tell him if he comes near you again, I will not restrain myself!" Derek put his hand on your shoulders and looked at you not breaking eye contact.

"Derek, calm down! You don't have to worry about me, okay?" you sighed.

"Yes, I do (Y/N). Of course I have to worry about you!" He said exasperated.

"Why is that?" you asked, crossing your arms.

"Because I love you (Y/N), I worry about you because I love you. So please be careful, I hate to see you hurt." He said looking away from your eyes now.

"Really? You love me?" you asked, taken aback by this slightly, stuttering over the words "You love me".

"Yes!" he said kind of loudly, you put your hand his cheek to push him to face you.

You laughed a little, which caused his face to frown slightly. "Derek, I love you too! Why do you think I turned you down? The only friend you remembered my birthday and cared. I love you too!" you admitted, his face stretched into one of his rare smiles. Well not to rare when your around. Derek leaned in and pressed his lips to yours, you both were smiling a little making slightly hard to kiss yet still very enjoyable for your first kiss. He pulled away to look at you.

"Good." He said, before leaning back in for more, the kiss was everything passionate, sweet, loving. It was amazing.

Requested by @_true_  hope you like it and it's what you asked for! If not I'm sorry! But took a bit longer than expected, so if you see any errors please let me know I didn't read it over! But hope you enjoy.

Thank you for reading and request anything you'd like in the comments!