Epilogue: Eight Months Later

May 5, 2017

Yoon Dalnim was rushing.

She couldn't even believe that she allowed herself to be late like this. People were counting on her to be at the university on time, but she just had to wake up late. But she can't put all the blame on herself, she had to put some on her boyfriend, who was currently doing an Asian tour for EXO'rDIUM. And yes, she missed him so much and she wanted to video chat with him until three in the morning.

A bit unprofessional of her, yes.

But she couldn't dwell on the lack of sleep right now, not when she has an important event to attend to.

Hands fumbled as they quickly slipped the black heels to feet. Dalnim grabbed her shoulder bag from the counter by the door and stumbled out of her apartment. However, her rash actions nearly got her crashing into her neighbor who happened to exit his apartment at the same time. The impact so hard that it nearly got her falling backwards, but she regained her balance.

Young Gi took a glance down at his watch before giving Dalnim a look, an awed glint to his eyes. "You're late."

"Well, no, duh!" Dalnim fixed the collar over her blouse as she looked at her nurse friend from head to toe. Needless to say, he looked decent early in the morning. After an exhausted yawn, she asked, "Where are you going so fancy in the morning? A breakfast date?"

His tan cheeks flushed. "Maybe."

Dalnim's brows raised in bewilderment. "Hold up, really? I was kidding!"

"Wow, thanks for the self-esteem boost," Young Gi scoffed with a roll of his eyes at the comment.

"But, who is she? Is she someone I know?"

"I'm not sure," he smiled, happy. In fact, so happy and excited that Dalnim could feel it radiating off his very body. "You should get going, I can tell you about it later."

And she couldn't have been any happier for the man. Genuine and true, she wanted her friend to find some happiness in his life, a someone who would cherish him. "Alright, you promised, let's chat over this with tteokbokki."

With a nod, Young Gi agreed. "Good luck, okay? Not like you need much of it anyway since you're Yoon Dalnim. Make sure to say hi to some of the professors for me too, mm?" He glimpsed down at his wrist again. He tapped on his watch, baring a stern glance at the dark-haired lass. "Dalnim-ah, you're wasting time."

It was like a shock jolting her whole body. The athlete grabbed onto his wrist and peered at the small face of the watch, a gasp leaving her lips at how so much time had passed by just their morning greetings. How could time be so cruel to her right now?

She bid one last farewell to the male with a frantic wave and burst off into a bolt, down the flight of stairs and out of the building to the busy streets. Dalnim hailed down a cab and told the driver to take her to the University of Seoul, where she would be giving her first ever seminar as a special guest speaker. Despite her nerves, she was excited to be talking to young students about the usefulness of the English language, as well as her journey to where she is now.

Dalnim never thought that certain events would even bring her to this very moment. Starting from her fame from volleyball, to the recognition of her volunteer work at the hospital, giving patients free English lessons, this gave her the golden opportunity to share her story to young adults who might need the inspiration, the motivation. She basically made a full circle, as her professors and advisors were what brought her into this, and then she'll be doing the same.