Chapter 3: Surprise, Surprise

Knock, knock, knock!

"Give me ten more minutes..." Dalnim mumbled out as she tossed about on the couch. She slowly opened her eyes, rubbed the sleep away, and blinked a couple times before her vision became clear. With eyebrows furrowed in confusion, she took in her surroundings as she stretched her legs. "This isn't my bedroom." She clicked her tongue at herself. "God damn it, I must've crashed here after cleaning everything."

Knock, knock!

Dalnim quickly glanced over to the clock hanging on her wall. It was merely nine in the morning... "Yah, nine in the morning?! I really slept in today," she groaned as she forced herself to stand up. "Who the hell would be visiting me right now? I swear that if it's Young Gi..." She shuffled over to the door and took a peek through the hole. All she could see was, odd enough, an array of colors. She swung the door open, ready to tell Young Gi off for doing something as silly as covering the peephole.

However, standing before her was a tall, slender man holding a plastic bag in one hand and a bouquet of sunflowers in the other. The man's face peeked out from behind the flowers with the most dazzling smile Dalnim had seen this early in the morning. The most dazzling and most familiar smile. "Sorry, NimNim, but my schedule got pushed up today so I decided to come around early."

Dalnim's jaw dropped. "Ch-Chanyeol?!"

The man in front of her was far from the goofy looking kid she knew seven years ago. It seemed like everything that she once knew about her ray of sunshine had changed in a blink of an eye. She knew that this was the same kid, her childhood friend and her first love. But all of this; his height, his face, his hair, his voice, his everything were all different.

He was undeniably handsome.

SLAM.

Dalnim gasped at herself. "Did I seriously just slam the door on his face?" She set aside her gnawing insides and rushed to dress up. First time meeting with him in so long and everything was already a mess. She was still in her show-more-than-enough-skin pajamas and she hasn't even started cooking lunch for the two of them. If only Chanyeol's schedule hadn't messed up on him!

She dressed up in lightning speed. With a appropriate outfit on, her teeth brushed, her face washed, and her hair fixed, she went back to the door and opened it sheepishly. She was honestly surprised to see that he was still standing there waiting.

"That really wasn't the welcome I was expecting," he murmured out.

Dalnim bared him a guilty smile. "I'm sorry, you caught me by surprise. You could've called me earlier that you were coming over."

Chanyeol smirked with a shake of his head, "I did, idiot. You didn't pick up."

The raven-haired girl blushed at the mistake she made. Now that she actually thought about it, she had left her phone in her bedroom before she cleaned. There was no chance to hear the calls from all the way over there.

She cursed to herself before glancing back at him. "Please come in." She stepped aside for him. Chanyeol walked in and let out an amused ah as his eyes wandered around the small apartment. "I told you not to judge my place."

"No, no, I actually really like it! I think it suits you very well," he answered. He turned his heel back to face Dalnim. He held out the flowers towards her, catching her off guard. "By the way, these are for you." She took hold of the sunflowers in her hands, all of varying bright colors.

Chanyeol remembered her favorite flower.

The tall male then held up the bag he was holding higher to show. Now that Dalnim got a good look at it, it looked to be food. "And since I figured that you wouldn't be ready, I brought our lunch!"