Chapter 14: Hello 2016

It's... too bright.

Eyelids reluctantly open, the sunlight streaming in through the cracks of the window blinds and onto Dalnim's face. In a daze, she took in her surroundings, groggy and unsure. From the bookshelf cluttered with English novels, to the few motivational volleyball posters hanging about on the walls, and to the slightly ajar closet door, Dalnim concluded that she was in her own comfy bedroom. However, she couldn't remember bringing herself inside after last night's events. She knew she was supposed to have a sleepover with Yeon Kyun, Tae Ri, and Hye Rin, but where were those three exactly?

The spiker tried to rise from her bed but was restrained instantly with the tight grip around her waist. She slightly craned her head over her shoulder and was met with a mop of messy hair. Dalnim blinked away the grogginess of sleep to make sure what she was seeing wasn't a dream... That short hair couldn't possibly be Tae Ri's as she was currently sporting a honey colored do. No, this was a dark brown...

A blood curdling scream echoed about the bedroom. Hands grabbing the closest object near her, Dalnim began to smack the intruder with it, which to his luck was a fluffy pillow. "WHY ARE YOU IN MY BED?!"

Poor Park Chanyeol couldn't have expected such a rash wake-up call and couldn't do much to protect himself from her attacks.

"NimNim! Yahhh, Dalnim-ah, stop it!" the idol pleaded with only his arms to shield himself from the hard blows of the pillow. "I didn't do anything, I promise! Dalnim, please!" In a swift movement, Chanyeol managed to snatch the pillow he was wrongly being beaten with from the well-known athlete.

As much as he wanted to tell her his reasons for this predicament in hand, that he was a completely innocent person that had done no wrong, he was suddenly distracted. Eyes blinking over to take in every sight of her, Chanyeol held in his breath. She towered before him with a peeved off look on her makeup-free face. With her naturally wavy locks cascading down past her shoulders, the loose fitted white shirt she wore, and the sunlight hitting her in such a way, she looked like an actual angel without her wings and halo. So breathtakingly beautiful.

He wouldn't mind waking up to this gorgeous sight every morning.

"Why are you in my bed, Park Chanyeol?" Dalnim was far calmer now but the irritation was still evident in her tone of voice.

The male sat up, so he was somewhat on the same eye level as his girlfriend. "You should thank me for carrying you here when you were knocked out cold!" he reprimanded her, a clock of his tongue. "You're actually quite heavy!"

Dalnim feigned a gasp, her eyebrows furrowed. "Who are you to tell me I'm heavy? Most of my weight comes from my muscles, alright?" she snapped at him. She then glanced down at herself. No memory of her changing out of her New Year's outfit came to mind either. "Wait a fucking second..."

"It wasn't me!" Chanyeol sputtered out with wide eyes, the realization hitting him the moment her expression changed. "Yeon Kyun-noona was the one to change you out your clothes, I swear! And you had clung onto me like there's no tomorrow once we put you to bed, how could I turn away from my NimNim?"

"Are you usually this disgusting so early in the morning?" the girl sneered at him with her nose scrunched at his cheesy reply.

The bedroom door swung open. Chanyeol and Dalnim looked over to see Tae Ri standing by the door frame, flour speckled across her cheeks and one of Dalnim's food themed aprons on. "Yah, we can hear you guys all the way from the kitchen, you know? You two already sound like a bickering married couple. Isn't it too early to be this loud, hmm?" she huffed out with a annoyed sigh. "We won't be done cooking breakfast until about thirty more minutes, so play nice and quiet until then."