Chapter 8: Gold Hospital's Christmas Show

Christmas Eve crept up to everyone in a seemingly short time. Other than volleyball practices, Dalnim had been packing and prepping to visit her family in her hometown. It had been way too long since she last saw them... It probably had been last year this very time, actually, her parents and younger sister visiting her in her own apartment. It's about time she went back home.

With Chanyeol.

The idea still brought a smile to Dalnim's lips. Thoughts of just staying indoors, drinking hot chocolate, and playing games by the fireplace brought so many fond memories of her childhood. They can have that again. No worries about volleyball and no worries of being an idol, that's what they wanted. What they needed.

Chanyeol suggested the other day that he'll come by with a cab later tonight so they can head home together. Dalnim was more than happy to agree to the plan.

And so, all her luggage was packed; clothes, toiletries, and wrapped presents ready for when Chanyeol comes later at night.

Right now, Dalnim was getting ready for the hospital's Christmas show. With Young Gi's constant calling and text messages to come over to the hospital, it'd be to hard to forget about the event. So, with plenty of time to spare, she wore the festive sweater she had gotten the other day, along with dark colored skinny jeans and lace up boots. With a white jacket, a scarf, and gloves on to beat out the cold, she was all dressed for the hospital.

Dalnim checked her phone for the time. Pursing her lips in thought, she glanced over to the pile of toys she had placed by her front door. "I should call a cab, right?" She questioned herself. "There's way too much for me to carry for the bus."

She has to bring the toys for the sick children one way or another.

She opened the door, only to be greeted with a slender man on the other side, his hand raised up to knock on her door. Dalnim let out a small gasp. "Chanyeol?" She uttered in surprise, her heart instantly racing. Peeking her head out, she looked up and down the hallways. Once the coast was clear from any bystanders, she dragged him inside her apartment. "What are you doing here so early?"

"I've finished everything early," Chanyeol replied with a smile. "And so I thought we could leave. I have the car with my stuff in it already."

"Didn't you call for a cab?" The girl asked, confusion in her voice.

He shook his head as he held up car keys. "I was able to rent one just for the holidays, so we don't have to worry about the disadvantages of a taxi!" His eyes trailed from her head to toe, noticing that she looked ready to go without the knowledge of his visit. "You're already ready?"

Dalnim glanced down at her outfit, then back on her childhood friend, biting down on her lip. "I thought you'd be done until late tonight. I was planning on going to the hospital Young Gi works at because they're throwing a small show for the patients and their families."

Chanyeol pouted. "You should've mentioned this to me."

"But I thought you'd be done until late like usual!" Dalnim let out an exasperated sigh. She watched as the idol then took off his shoes at the door, passed by her, and fell backwards onto her couch. Eyebrow raised, she questioned him, "What are you doing?"

"It can't be done! I'll just wait here for you. Go ahead and enjoy," he told her, crossing his hands behind his head. When seeing her worried face, he made a shooing motion with his hand, gesturing for her to go. "I promise not to destroy your place!" He picked up one of the throw pillows and cuddled with it. "Such a cute, cozy place! If only our dorms were this nice." He shot up, his finger pointed towards her, wagging it in a way as to give her a lecture like a parent would do to a child. "You should try to visit me sometimes, you know!"