Chapter 9: At Midnight

Dalnim and Chanyeol had to leave.

Immediately.

Once Chanyeol had finished All of Me as the grand finale of the hospital's Christmas show, the audience clapped and cheered, most standing up on their feet. Completely overwhelmed with the more-than-amateur performance, it was clear that everyone had enjoyed. Chanyeol bowed to the audience, still hidden behind the mesh curtain. The silhouette of the very man only caused the cheers to increase, the atmosphere growing more heartfelt for the outstanding show. And Dalnim will admit, she was just as moved by the English song.

Was it possible to fall in love with him even more? She didn't think it was possible.

It then caught Dalnim's attention when some people have begun to crowd around the stage, all requesting for the same thing. At this point, she knew that it was the time to go.

"Who's our mystery performer?"

"Please tell us your name, sir!"

"We need to know who the amazing performer is!"

"Show us your face!"

Since the show was officially over, Dalnim was able to rush past the accumulating crowd and trotted up onto the stage to reach Chanyeol's side. She gave him an urging look, silently telling him that they need to leave before people find out about the star's attendance.

She peeked over the curtain, baring an apologetic smile to the group of curious people. "I'm sorry, but my friend is very shy," she informed them. The people were reluctant to this and they insisted that they were only to praise him, that the piano man shouldn't have to feel shy in the first place because of the phenomenal act. Dalnim grimaced at the persistence they had. She noted in her mind that it was good they had that quality, but now wasn't the time for it. "We'll be leaving now."

Glimpsing at her surroundings, she noticed the stairs to the right of the stage were the least crowded, and so, she pushed Chanyeol in that direction to hurry on their way. Successfully, they got off the stage just fine and were rushing towards the exit of the room before anyone recognize the man. However, just one step before making it to the hospital's exit, a hand firmly grasped onto Dalnim's wrist, yanking her backwards into an abrupt stop. She shifted her attention to the hand and then to the owner of that hand. A wave of relief washed over her. "Young Gi-yah!"

"Dalnim?" The volleyball player looked over to see that Chanyeol had stopped running as well, waiting for her to follow him.

She glanced between the two boys. The look of desperation etched Young Gi's face and curious as to why he looked like that, she gestured for him to go. "I'll meet you there." Chanyeol was hesitant to leave, but after a couple seconds of inwardly debating, he left the hospital.

Dalnim turned back to Young Gi with a warm smile. "Sorry about suddenly leaving without saying congrats or goodbye," she told him, her nerves disappearing in his presence. "But you know, we can't let anyone know who he is."

Young Gi's posture was stiff and Dalnim noticed that he was still holding onto her wrist. "Dude, what's wrong? The show turned out great at the end." His expression didn't change. She then understood, if she were in his place, she'd be hot blooded about it too. "Is it because you weren't able to perform?"

At this, he released his grip on her, his arms now crossed over his chest with an annoyed look on his face. "Yeah, I wanted to be the one to end the show, you know?"

"You never found the CD?"

Young Gi shook his head. "No, I haven't."

"See, this is why you just download the instrumentals into your phone and then use that instead," Dalnim said.