Chapter 5: The Photoshoot

"So, was this necessary?"

"Of course it's necessary."

"We're going to be late."

"My mom will handle it."

Young Gi insisted that he give Dalnim a ride to ADIDAS's photoshoot.

She was more than okay with the plan, except the tan-skinned boy had overslept that morning. To add onto his carelessness, he had forgotten to call a day off from the hospital. It took an hour to call his coworkers to see if anyone could fill in for him. If only Dalnim carpooled with one of her teammates' cars, she wouldn't be stuck in traffic with the idiot.

The ravenette slumped down in the passenger's seat and pretended to choke herself with the seatbelt. Young Gi side glanced at her and swatted his hand at her to stop. After taking thirty minutes of her nonsense, he handed her the auxiliary cord. "Just put on your English music."

Dalnim took the cord with no complaints. She plugged in her phone to the speakers of the car and put her music on shuffle; the first song to play was John Legend's All of Me. Her head swayed to the slow beat and sang along to the words she knew by heart, not minding the few missed notes here and there. That was your typical Dalnim.

"By the way..." She stopped her mini concert and looked at her best friend expectedly. "The hospital will be throwing a little Christmas show for the patients on Christmas Eve. Would you like to go to it?"

"Don't I always come?" A knowing smirk crossed her face as she leaned closer to the driver, poking his arm in a childish manner. "Are you going to perform that little dance with your coworkers again?"

"Yes," the male sighed. "But, that is not all."

"You're doing something else?" He nodded, a smile tugging at his lips. Dalnim smacked his arm out of her excitement, her mouth agape. "What are you doing?"

"That's a secret."

"That's lame! Are you going to sing, dance, or act?" She then held up three fingers. "Or is it a triple whammy?"

"Yoon Dalnim-ah, I'm not telling you. You'll have to wait for my amazingness until then just like everyone else."

"What was the point of telling me? I'm going to die with anticipation!" she burst out. "Since when have you become secretive around me?"

Young Gi reached over and ruffled her hair. His hand was immediately met with Dalnim's famous slap. "Just this once, I promise. You'll know everything by then."

"Does Coach Seon know?"

"No."

"You're lying."

"I'm not, so don't try to ask her."

Dalnim decided not to press on to the matter anymore than it should. She could be a stubborn person if she persisted, but she knew how far she could go on a debate with her friend. She'd rather not have useless words be flung back and forth for hours, that'd just be a waste of time. But that's one reason why her and Young Gi clicked when they were first acquainted. He knew how to handle her brashness.

The rest of the ride consisted of music blasting and the two of them singing to the top of their lungs... Badly.

When they finally made it to their destination, they were 7 minutes late. So in a rush, the two scrambled out of the car and ran into the building. They were given passes to allow them in and were lead through the hallways and doors (at an excruciating slow process.)

Coach Seon had called her before that she would stall for time until the two of them make it there. She mentioned that she wanted her volleyball team to be properly introduced to the crew they will be working with today. That wouldn't be possible with the team's main star. (Dalnim winced once hearing that last part and was already hung up before she could put in her own input.)