The Dream (15)

***Alex's P.O.V.***

We climbed on the train and I sat down with Draco, Hermione, Ginny, Luna, Neville, Ron, and Harry. Luna was reading The Quibbler. I was sitting cross-legged with Draco's head on my lap. I ran my fingers through his hair. I bent down and kissed his jaw. His smile widened. A boy whom I don't know came in and handed Ginny, Neville, Harry, and I letters from a teacher named Professor Horace Slughorn. Maybe he is the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, I thought. 

"I gotta go," I whispered to Draco, kissing him under his jaw, causing him to giggle. I found his soft spot, I thought. He looked up at me and pouted. 

"Aww, don't go!" he whined. 

"I'm sorry, Draco. I'll be back. I promise, okay?" I told him. He nodded. I smiled at him and followed Harry, Ginny, and Neville who were politely waiting for me. We walked to the compartment. Blaise made eye contact. I smiled at him and he nodded. Slughorn went on and on about the students' parents. He talked to me for a short time about my parents. 

"Now, I heard Bellatrix LeStrange used the Cruciatus curse on your parents when you were just a year old as well as Mr. Longbottom's. Then they were killed by You-Know-Who a year later.  I am sorry, Miss Wilson."

Neville and I bowed our heads. When lunch was over, I left to go to Draco right away. He asleep with his head on the window. I sighed at how cute he looked and sat down next to him. He jolted awake and smiled at me. He instantly wrapped his arms around me and pulled me down to lay with him.

"I told you I would be back," I told him, giggling. He nodded and nuzzled his face in my shoulder. He kissed my neck and I fell asleep with Draco holding me.

o-o

Voldemort was dragging Draco across the floor, unconscious and in chains.

"It's fine, Alexandra. He's with me now. I ordered him to kill you. If he failed I would kill him. Apparently he failed, so I will have to kill him, then you," he hissed.

"No, please. Just kill me. Not him. Please," I whimpered. Tears ran down my cheeks. He flourished his wand at Draco and he jolted awake.

"It's okay, Al. I just want you to be safe. I love you, beautiful," he croaked.

"I love you, Draco," I choked out.

"Now you have said your last words, let me do the honors. Avada Kedavra!" Voldemort said, pointing his wand at Draco. Green light blinded me, and Draco lay on the floor, undoubtedly dead.

"No!" I screamed, tears rushing down my face furiously. I ran to Draco and sobbed over his corpse. "No!" I whispered yelled repeatedly. 

  o-o

I sat up, my heart beating fast. I looked around me. I was still on the train. Every was staring at me, scared and sad. I jumped when a hand rested on my shoulder. I saw Draco sitting behind me, scared and his breathing fast.

"Thank goodness you're alright!" I said, throwing my arms around him.

"Thank goodness you're alright!" he said, stroking my hair.

"Wh-what happened?" I stuttered.

"You were sobbing and whimpering in your sleep," Ron answered. I wiped my eyes and turned back to Draco. 

"I had th-this dream. Voldemort ordered you to k-kill me, and if you f-failed, he would k-kill you. And you didn't, so he was dragging you around unconcious and in chains. I told him to kill me and not you, but he wanted to k-kill you first. Then he killed you and I was crying then I woke up," I said, tears spilling down my cheeks. Draco wiped them away with his thumb, his eyes full of concern. He pulled me close.

"It's alright beautiful. You're alright. I'm alright. I love you," he whispered. I nodded.

"Love you too," I whispered back.