Headquarters (10)

***Alex's P.O.V.***

We arrived at Headquarters for the Order of the Phoenix. It felt terrible having to keep the Order from Harry until he arrived. Fred, George, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, and I all had to stay upstairs while the Order had their meetings.

A few weeks later, someone came into Ron's room when Hermione and I were in there talking to him. It turned out to be Harry.

"Harry!" Hermione said, rushing over to hug him. Ron and I stood behind her, smiling. He told us about how he needed to go to a hearing at the Ministry for using under-aged sorcery (in the presence of a Muggle) to keep him from being expelled. Apparently, he produced his Patronus when he and his cousin, Dudley encountered two dementors. I thought there was no reason for expulsion since he was saving his cousin's life as well as his from an experience worse than death, a dementor's kiss. Then he started ranting about how we couldn't tell him about the Order. We tried explaining how Dumbledore said it was best to keep it from him. Thank goodness Fred and George arrived to save the conversation. We used their Extendable Ears to listen in on the conversation.

o-o

I saw Draco, and he came on the train with us. Sirius came with us as Padfoot and it was fun having him by our sides. We got on the train and Hermione, Ron, and Draco explained that they got a letter saying they didn't need to be in the prefects compartment. Draco sat next to me. My legs were crossed under me and I rested my head on his shoulder. He stroked my hair as I watched Harry fall asleep. Hermione was reading a Muggle classic she bought at Flourish and Blotts. Ron was just finishing up an essay that he was supposed to work on over holiday. Draco placed his hand on my chin and turned my head so I could face him and pecked my lips.

"Ew, you guys are so gross," Ron said laughing. Draco and I laughed with him. I am glad they are starting to get along after the Yule Ball and everything.

We arrived at school and we walked to the carriages with the thestrals in the front. Of course I could see them because my biological parents were killed right in front of me. Draco quickly explained that his Slytherin friends kind of forced him to sit with them in the carriages so they left. Harry took notice of the thestrals for the first time. 

"You're not going mad. I can see them too. You're just as sane as I am," said a blonde girl with an Irish accent and an upside-down magazine called The Quibbler. We climbed into the carriage that only had her in it. Neville turned out to be there too with an odd looking cactus called Mimbulus Mimbletonia. We all managed to fit in one carriage.

"Everyone, this is Loony Love- this is Luna Lovegood," Hermione said. I smiled at Luna and she beamed back at me. 

"That's an interesting necklace," I told her, taking notice of the piece of jewelry.

"Thank you, I made it myself. It keeps the nargles away," she said. The thestrals started to pull the carriage and we headed towards the castle.

"What are nargles?" I heard Ron mutter.

"I have no idea," Hermione responded.