The DA (11)

***Alex's P.O.V.***

I was definitely going to join Dumbledore's Army. The crazy thing I was taking into consideration was convincing Draco to join. I was doing it today. I asked him to meet me by the Black Lake in 10 minutes. 5 minutes past and my palms were already clammy. I headed down to the lake.

"I have a crazy thing I want to ask you. If you say no, I'm totally okay with it. We are creating a group called Dumbledore's Army lead by Harry. Since Umbridge  is a terrible teacher and is not teaching us defensive spells, we need someone with lots of experience to do that, Harry. He is going to be teaching things that helped him in his earlier years at Hogwarts that most students don't know. It'll really help in the future," I said. We sat in silence for a moment, which I thought was Draco taking this into consideration.

"Wow, this actually sounds great. Yeah, I guess I will. It sounds smart. Who came up with this idea?" he said. I finally let out the breath I didn't know I was holding in.

"Hermione," I replied. "We'll be meeting in the Hog's Head next Hogsmeade trip."

"Great," he said, nodding. He wrapped an arm around my waist. The autumn breeze felt nice against my neck. 

"Draco, are you alright?" I asked, kissing his cheek.

"Yeah. I was just thinking, how could a guy like me end up with such a great girl like you?" he said, laying his head on my shoulder.

"Let's just say fate. I think we are perfect together," I told him, running my hand through his hair. 

"Me too." We just sat there on the slightly frosted grass. Draco eventually laid down, so I joined him. We turned on our sides to face each other, arms still wrapped around one another's waist. He pressed his forehead against mine.

"I'm deeply in love with you, beautiful," he whispered. Tears welled in my eyes, but I didn't let them fall.

"I'm so in love with you," I whispered back. He smiled at me and I smirked. He looked slightly frightened. I pushed him on his back so I was on top of him. I kissed him passionately, feeling his smile against mine. 

"So are you in?" I asked once we parted. He nodded after taking a deep breath. I looked at my watch. 11:53.

"Draco, we're going to be late for lunch!" I said. We jumped on our feet and had a race to the castle doors. Sadly, he won. Before we could reach the entrance hall, Draco pulled me to a wall and kissed me. 

"See you later?" he said. I bit my lip and nodded. I walked in the Great Hall by his side, and we parted so we could go to our house tables. I sat next to Hermione.

"Draco's going to join the DA," I whispered to her as well as Ginny, Ron, and Harry when they neared. They all widened their eyes in surprise. I nodded and dug into my pork. 

o-o

I entered the Hog's Head with Draco, hand in hand. We sat down and I saw we were the first people there. Not too long after, Harry, Ron, and Hermione entered. They talked about what the DA is about and afterwards, the people that were going join had to sign a piece of parchment.