Chapter 37

I scream as Lia knocks me down onto the floor, holding the sharp object to my neck. She has her legs on both sides of me as I struggle.

"Lia, what are you doing?!" I exclaim, gripping her wrist so the object doesn't come any closer to me. It's dangerously close to my neck. She pushes her hand down harder, and I can feel the tears leaking out of my eyes.

"This is all your fault! You did this to me! You and your stupid curiosity!" She screams in my face, wrapping her free hand around my neck and squeezing it, choking me. I start gasping for air, still trying to fight to get her off of me.

"W-what are-" I can't breathe well enough to speak, but she just squeezes my neck harder. The object in her hand reaches my neck and she presses down on it. A sharp pain hits me, and I gasp.

     Suddenly, Lia is pulled away from me and I can finally breathe. Harry runs up to me and grabs my arm to lift me up while I'm having a coughing fit.

"Aimee! Are you alright?!" Harry frantically asks me. I nod, even though I'm not alright. He pulls me in for a hug, holding me tightly as I sob into his chest. He gently shushes me and kisses the top of my head. Then, he turns to Lia, who's being held back by Louis and Liam.

"What is wrong with you, Lia?!" He exclaims. She struggles to get out of Louis and Liam's grip.

"Let go of me!" She shouts. The realization hits me as I'm staring at her; my best friend just attacked me. I feel betrayed.

"Calm down!" Liam hollers at Lia. I've never seen him so angry.

     Suddenly, both Zayn and Lia gasp at the same time. Lia freezes and drops the object. She looks at me with wide eyes.

"A-Aimee, I- no, I didn't- that w-wasn't me-" she shakes her head.

     Louis and Liam cautiously let go of her and she takes a step towards me. Harry lets go of me, only to pull me behind him.

"Don't come any closer to her." He sternly tells Lia, providing a protective barrier in front of me.

     Lia stops walking towards us, tears flowing down her face, "Aimee, I-I'm so sorry, but y-you have to believe me, t-that wasn't m-me."

     Louis walks up to her and grabs her arm, "I think you should leave."

     She looks around at everyone, eyes wider than they've ever been. Then, she looks at me.

"Go." I say with a strained voice. This hurts me so much, but I can't even look at her right now.

"B-but, I didn't-" she stops herself from speaking and hangs her head low, slumping her shoulders. I can hear her sniffling as she slowly walks away from us. As soon as she leaves the South Wing, everybody crowds around me.

"Oh my gosh, are you okay?"

"What happened?"

"Are you alright?"

     There are too many people talking at once and I can't help but start crying again. Harry notices and speaks up.

"Alright, everyone, give her some space." He puts his arms around me as everyone backs away a bit.

"Aimee, are you okay?" Louis gently asks.

     I shake my head and bury my face into Harry's chest as he holds me tightly.

"What d-did they do t-to her?" I sob. Harry whispers soothing words in my ear to calm me down.

"That's it, I'm done." Niall suddenly states.