Chapter XII

Gabriel swiftly transported the Original Souls, Azazel, and the newly Fallen Michael to an abandoned warehouse in Detroit, Michigan.

"Original Souls, you are now on Earth and for you to stay here, I have to do something. Something you may not care for. The process you are about to undergo, you must understand, is not going to be 'pleasant'," Azazel said with a grin.

"Ummm, why the hell do you look like you are about to go steal Christmas from Whoville?" Danny asked the Watcher.

"Excuse me?" Azazel inquired.

"Never mind," the truck driver said, waving his hand. "Just explain what you mean by it's not going to be pleasant?"

"Well, for you humans to have, how would you say it? Ah, yes, a physical form on Earth, you will have to be...sadly...a demon."

"A what?" Angel said. "I am not going to be some skanky demon."

"Then you will have to go back with Gabriel," Azazel retorted. He crossed his long gray arms and turned his pointed nose into the air, nostrils flaring.

"Does it hurt?" Angel asked with concern in her voice.

"Not for me," Azazel replied.

"There it is again, that damn Jim Carrey, shit-eating grin."

The Watcher swiftly spun around to bring his angry face level with Danny's. "I do not particularly care for you, you fat Mongolian warlord. I never have! Especially after you had your priests painfully throw me out of your court with that exorcism. You used my power until you no longer needed my help with your campaign in China then tossed me aside like garbage! I trusted you once, I won't let that happen again," Azazel pointed a sharp fingernail in Danny's face. "Oh yes, we have met before Genghis Khan!"

Danny sighed and brushed the boney finger aside. "Whatever dude, the trust thing is a two way street, so, how about you just flippin' tell us what you are gonna do to us."

Azazel stood erect and panned his vision across the four human souls. "For starters, we will need to requisition four freshly deceased bodies."

"Ewwww, really?" Angel wrinkled her nose. "You are going to stick us in some dead person's corpse?"

Azazel continued, ignoring the former cheerleader. "If it helps I will even be generous and let you pick out your own bodies. How does that sound?"

Dustyn was strangely excited. "Holy shit, this death thing is like every nerd's paradise. You mean, now I am going to get to be a zombie and a demon, too?"

The Watcher stood quietly staring in utter amazement at the former King David. "I do believe that is the very first time in my long reign on earth some human has found joy in the notion of demonic conversion. Well, let us see if you are still so enthusiastic afterwards."

"Alright. What happens after that, Azazel?" Carter asked nervously.

"Well, this will be the process itself. I will force your soul into the body, Michael will actually facilitate any physical repairs if needed, and I will brand you with my mark to keep everything glued together. Ultimately this will make you my property. Once this occurs you will exist in a form halfway between life and death. You will have a body, but, technically you can still function as spirits...an existence similar to angels, but you will be dark angels. Now, you cannot just do what you want because there are rules. You can only travel so far from me without my blessing, that means you will have to beg me for permission." The Watcher laughed at the utterance of the words.

No one else thought it funny.

"Um, yes, well this mark also shields you from the Grigori and Holok's detection. It's a win for everyone."

"So, why are we in Detroit?" Danny asked.

Azazel sighed. "Two reasons, Khan: One, Gadreel practices here and two, lots of bodies."