"But I don't think he had a choice." I quickly add.

"No choice, what do you mean?" Aaron asks but he's still clearly upset.

Do tell Scarlet Ember adds.

"There were other dragon riders there." I say. Ember shakes from the shock. I move and whimper when I shift.

Oh sorry! Scarlet but did you say dragon riders? Ember asks surprised.

"Yeah there were dozens of them." I say smiling.

"What's does that have to do with Dylan not having a choice?" Aaron asks.

" I think he was trying to tell me about his situation. I think the rogue are threatening the other riders. Dylan has to take orders from the rogue to keep the others safe. He didn't have a choice." I explain.

"Even if he didn't have a choice he still hurt you." Aaron states.

"I know but can you really blame him. Wouldn't you do the same for your people?" I ask Aaron he looks away defeated which answers my question.

"Anyway we need to go back to get the dragon riders out of there." I say.

"Not right now we're not." Aaron's states as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"We can't leave them there to suffer."

"I know but we need to get you back to the society."

"I'm fine Aaron." I say and as if on cue the pain flares up again and I gasp as a burning feeling enters my chest again. Aaron gets up and brings a bottle of water with him. He lifts me up slowly and let's me drink some of the water. I quickly gulp it down. Water has never tasted so good.

"Yeah, you're fine alright." Aaron says as he gently lays me back down.

"How did this happen?" He asks concern lacing his voice.

"Ummm Dylan made me drink something." I say. My eyes begin to droop.

"What kind of something?" Aaron asks very curious. My eyes began to close and had the sudden urge to just sleep.

"Dragons blood..." That's was all I'm managed to get out before sleep took me into darkness.
....
Aaron

We reached the society not long after Scarlet fell asleep. Ember dropped us off on the roof of societies main building. I carried Scarlet inside and alerted the medical staff to come into my room where Scarlet was resting. The nurses came in and started to dress all of her wounds. Realizing I couldn't do any more to help I went off to find Ember again. I climbed the stairs that led up to the roof. Lucky for me she had stayed.

"Ember, is Scarlet going to be okay?" I ask.

Scarlet's tough, she'll make it though this. Ember responds.

"Is this because of the dragon blood she drank?" Ember nods "she already has dragon blood in her right? Why is she being affected by the blood again?"

Dragon riders are connected to the spirits of dragons. They are more comfortable around dragons. When a dragon rider takes the blood of a dragon a part of their soul is combined with that of a dragon. It's painful and kill the person of they aren't strong enough. Only those with the strongest of bonds to dragons can survive taking the blood. Ember begins to explain.

"Scarlets taken the blood again but she survived the first time. why is this time any different?"

Scarlets dragon blood was passed down from her grandmother. It was her grandmother that took the blood not scarlet herself. Ember has a sad look on her face. I can't even describe the type of pain Scarlets is in. A part of her soul is being ripped away and being infused with a dragons. Its only makes sense for the pain and danger of taking dragons blood is twice the amount of the first time. I've never seen anyone have double the amount of blood in them. I don't know how it will effect Scarlet. After Ember finishes I can only nod. Ember looks ready to take off again but I have to say something before she does.

"Uh, Ember." I pause a little unsure of how to phrase my next words."Thank you, for coming to save us. I know that you don't have a great history with my...my father. So thank you for coming to protect the society."

I'm not the one you should thank. The dragons follow Scarlet not me. Ember smiles at me. I have other matters to attend to. Take care of her Aaron, I'll be back to check in with you later.

Ember takes off flying back to the cove. I stay on the roof until she's is out of sight.
.....

Hey guys! First off thank you thank you thank you for all of the reads, votes, and comments. So this chapter was slow... Well I'll see you all in the next chapter!