Sunny California

I travels pretty slow as I went down south to see what I can find in California.

I left the motel earlier today when the sun was rising. Now I'm looking around as I enter San Francisco I'll stay here for today and maybe travel to Los Angeles tomorrow morning.

I stop at a small restaurant and go eat. I take a seat and order my food. I ended up getting a coffee and blue berry muffin like Leah would when she would come to the Café. Along with a dish if pancakes, eggs, sausage and bacon.

I eat slowly, I'm not in a rush to go anywhere. I observe the different people walking in and out of the restaurant. When I finally finish my food I get back in the truck and drive around exploring the area. I walk on the Piers, and places that most people come to walk through.

I don't know what I did wrong. Leah didn't even tell me the reason for why we were breaking up. She just said we were over. I sit down on a bench facing the bay. It's chilly. The windows is blowing and it's cloudy.

Even still people are wearing shorts and a t-shirt. Or shorts and a t-shirt with a sweatshirt over it. Jeans, sweatshirts, sneakers. The tourists are pretty easy to spot.

My phone rings and I look to see who it is. Mateo. I haven't heard from that fool in a while. I answers.
"Listen if your going to tell me to come back it was a waist of your time to call me." I tell him.

"Fine in that case I'll try not to bring that up." Mateo says.
"What do you want?" I ask him annoyed.
"Where are you?! Are you okay?! Why on earth did you leave?! You could have stayed! And you know that but no you left! What about your mom. Think about your mom!" Mateo shouts.

I move the phone away from my ear a little. People passing by stare at me and I only give them a smile.
"Lower your voice will yu. I know what I did. I'm aware I've what I'm doing Mateo. Know, if anything happens you call me and I head back there as soon as possible." I tell him.

"How far are you?" He asks.
  "Across the country." I respond.
"What way, south, east, southeast?" Mateo asks.
"That my best friend I'm not telling you." I reply standing up and heading back to the truck.

"Well then am I even your best friend?" Mateo asks.
"Yeah, it's just that if I tell you you will tell Leah, or my mom and then they will come." I tell him.
"Understandable." He replies.

"Anyway, how are you and your girl?" I ask him.
"Incredible. I gave her the song and wrote if she would be my girlfriend and then the next time I saw her she said yes. Now she is my girlfriend." Mateo says.

"I'm glad. Man spoil her with your talent. She likes your music so just keep making music which you dedicate to her." I tell him.
"That sounds like a good idea." He agrees.

I hear movement and I think Mateo's phone fall. Not sure I'm not very familiar with that sound. It gets picked up I guess and there is rustling and yelling.

"Danny? Danilo is that you? I'm so sorry please come back we have to talk." I hear Leah plead desperately from Mateo's phone. She sounds like she is saying the truth but why.

Why would she want me to return when she was the one that told me to leave. I did take it a little far. When she told me to stay away from her life. I kinda left the state. I'm pretty sure that isn't what she ment. But whatever I'm already where I am.

"Leah."
   "Danny, listen to me. Come home, please. We need to talk and it's really important and necessary." Leah interupts me.
"Leah! I'm not going back. Not soon. You want to talk? Isn't that what we are doing. Tell me what you want to tell me then." I reply.

"I can't because you won't believe me." She replies.
"I can't won't believe you. I believed everything you said. So if you don't think I'll believe you then. Bye Leah." I pull the phone away and hang up.