Bored, Party?

I never knew that my choice of going for a run in the woods would change my world.

Danilo, Danny, Martinez

I walk inside and throw the bags on the counter and go sit on the couch

I walk inside and throw the bags on the counter and go sit on the couch. The door bell rings and I groan. I stand up to go open the door.

"Hey man, how are you doing?" Mateo asks walking in. I close the door and follow behind him.
"Okay, how was school?" I ask him.
"Boring, normal like always. What did you expect school to be like?" Mateo responds searching through the bags of food I just bought.

He grabs a bag of chips and sits on the couch comfortably looking though the channel on TV. Typical of him. I don't know what I expected from him or school to change. Graduated last year and he just became a senior.

Mateo Perez

"I don't know anything knew?" I tell Mateo joining him on the couch

"Well actually there is some new stuff." Mateo says.
"Well tell me." I hit his shoulder.
"Have you become a girl and want gossip?" Mateo says.

"Omg she did what now?! How could she?" I gasp playing along. "Dude, what's wrong with you! I'm still a man in every way." I hit him again.
"Ouch, Danny what's up with you hand hitting me today?" He asks rubbing his arm.

"Don't know? I missed you all day?" I suggest. "Anyway, what are you going to tell me?" I ask going back to our topic of before."
"Oh yeah, that. Well you remember the senior sweethearts last year?" Mateo asks.

"Sam and Leah? Yeah I remember those two." I tell him.
"Well you see, apparently they broke up over the summer. You know after he went missing." Mateo says.
"Really?" I say in disbelief. Those two looked really in love and made it seem like they will be together forever.

"Yeah, but guess who Sam is with now." Mateo says throwing some chips in his mouth.
"Who?" I ask curiosity eating me like Mateo is eating the chips I bought.
"Leah's cousin from the Makah tribe. Emily Young." Mateo says.

"Ouch. Just imagine what she is going through. That's not a sick move. That's uncool." I tell Mateo. If that were to happen to me I would hate the girl with my heart, life, and soul.
"I know. Also you know how you were the most popular in school followed by Sam and his group of friends?" Mateo says turning the TV off.