More Of Them

The bell hung on the Café door rings and I look up. My shift is almost over so I can go home. The person that walks in I've seen before and recognize as Leah's cousin.

She walks over to the counter.
  "Hi, your leah's boyfriend. Right?" She asks.
"Yes, Danny Martinez. Your her cousin." I tell her.
   "Correct, Emily Young." She smiles extending her hand out to me. I take it and shake it firmly.

"What can I get you?" I ask her.
  "Hot chocolate with whip cream and a blueberry muffin." She says. I get that for her and she pays as we exchange the food and money.
"Um, Danny are you almost down?" She asks.

"Yeah, your my last." I answer.
  "Can we talk?" She asks, and I nod. I take off the apron and grab a coffee and cinnamon roll. I sit at the booth that she chose. The same one Leah sits at.

"So what do you want to talk about?" I ask her.
"Sam and Leah." Emily replies.
  "Okay."

"So obviously you're aware they were together all through out high school. Sam and I both I guess betrayed her. But we have our reasons. It's only that those reasons are something we can't tell her or you." She says.
"Then why are you telling me this?" I ask Emily.

"I see how she has changed. The person she is beside you. After Sam she was with Paul. She was depressed, lonely, she closed her self from the world." Emily says.
"I would have probably done the same. But gone in a worse path then she did." I tell Emily.

"Anyways, you make her a good person. You make her happy and smile. You bring out the better side of her. I hope you two last long. Forever." Emily says standing up. I stand up as well to leave. I ate my bread as we talked so now I have my coffee to drink as I walk.

"I hope so too, Emily." I reply, we walk out and it has started to drizzle. Well I'm getting wet today. "Bye Emily. I'll see you around." I tell her and pull my hood up and begin to walk.
"Hey! Come back. I'll take you home." Emily yells .
"Nah I'm good. Sam would come after me if he saw me with you." I reply.

I hear her calling behind me to come back but I don't turn around. If Leah saw us together she would be mad cause she doesn't like Emily much. As I walk the drizzle soon becomes nothing. I'll go on a run later seeing how I haven't done that in weeks.

I go up to my room to take off the wet sweater and put the heater on. The doorbell rings and I'm not sure I want to answer it. What if the person behind the door aren't the ones I want to see. I go to open it anyway.

I open it and Mateo strolls in with his backpack. I follow behind me and sit down. I'm releved it's him.
"So what brings you here?" I ask him.
  "Stuff." Mateo answers.
"Like?" I ask.

"School." Mateo adds.
  "Spill whatever it is you want to tell me." I snap at him.
"Going, God." Mateo says. "Okay, so I went to school today and smalls group of three grew. Embry, and Jacob are part of it know." Koda comes running in from the kitchen to Mateo's feet. He has grown a lot and I'm going to be able to drive in two days.

Mateo pats the empty space beside him for Koda to get on while we talk.
"And?" I ask.
  "Well thought I'd just let you know. Also you never told me about what happned with the song." Mateo says.
"She loved it. Also Mateo what happened to you and your girl?" I ask him.

"Working on it." Mateo responds.
  "Just go up to her and ask her. Be confident. Take 5 Seconds to yourself and tell her." I tell him.
"In that case, I got to go and do that." Mateo says standing up and this bigger Koda gets off the couch.

"Why?" I ask.
  "I'm going to go tell her. That. I'll see you tomorrow, or I'll call you." Mateo says.
"Okay." He leaves and I change out of my jeans into shorts and a Tank.