Enough

Well I'm still alive, she grounded me. Like if being unable to drive wasn't already bad.

I put down all my savings on the fine.  I'm working extra to get the truck out from its jail. Leah and I still have our dancing lessons on the beach right after I finish working. Then I got a job to fill in the days I did nothing.

"I still remember that day. I had so much fun. I loved everything about it." Leah says laying her head on my chest as I play with her hand and hair.
"That was the point. To make it unforgettable. Even though it didn't really go like planned at the end." I tell her, and she laughs.

"So you remember the police." She says.
"Yeah, why." I ask her.
  "Well his daughter is like depressed from when her boyfriend left."
"Okay."
  "My dad wants me to hangout with her. So I can help her get through that stage. But I can't even if intried. He doesn't understand that when that happens there is only to ways. For the person that hurt you heal you, or meet someone else that makes you happy." She says.

"Did you tell that to your dad?" I ask her.
"Yeah."
  "And?"
"He said that it was my choice and I'm sure that there will be someone that can help her." Leah says.
"I guess so." I twirl her hair in between my fingers.

She stands up and pulls me up. I follow her and she stops near the water.
"Let's take a step." I do and she does as well. The water runs over not reaching us the first time. When it comes back again the small wave makes it over our feet.

The water is really cold, her hand holds mine as we look at our feet and out to the sea.

Leah's P.o.v

I hold Danny's hand as we let the water run on our feet. The incident that happned a few days ago was fun. From finding out I was good at bowling, to getting hand cuffed by the police. That day was full of firsts.

And if that is how it's going to be, when we go on dates, or just hanging out around here, I'm in for whatever comes next. 

Danny let's go of my hand pulling me infront of him. His arms wrap around my waist and I hold his arms around me. I lean back on him, and he rests his head on top of mine. In his arms I feel safe, safer then in any other place.

His warmth is soon gone and I'm stumbling back.
"What did we tell you Leah. He is only trouble. The cops had to get you to see that didn't they." Paul snarls at me.

He has Danny pinned down on the floor.
"It was an accident. Get off him." I push Paul off Danny. Danny stands up and pulls me with him back a few steps.

"Who did you guys even find out about that?" Danny asks them.
"A bird told us." Sam responds.
  "I'll get that bird then." Danny tells them.
"In that case." Paul says.
  "It was Mateo." Jared replies with a smirk.

Danny let's go of me and punches the smirk off of Jared's face.
"Leave him alone!" Danny yells at Paul and Jared punching them both. "He never did anything to you."
  "Your right it was you." Paul says.
"Then come at me not him you coward." Danny yells well beyond mad, he is enraged.

I've never seen him like this but I know what sets him off. You hurt his friend, family, and loved ones and he'll beat you up well. At least he has a reason other then someone who fight to beat someone up for no reason.

"I pass." Paul says.
  "Coward. That is what you are. You try to be so tough, and strong but you cower away from a fight against the person you hate." Danny says looking at both Paul and Sam.
"Who said we hate you?" Sam says.

"Danny, leave them be. All they want to do is work you up." I tell him.
"No Leah, I've had enough of them." He replies and pushes me back. "I said, I said you hate me. Plus it's very obvious. Your still attached to Leah. That's why you guys keep coming. Why you mess with Mateo. You know he is a weak spot so you hope I leave Leah so you stop bothering Mateo.