Work

Danny's P.o.v

My alarm goes off and I wake up. Seeing how I'm just going to work I pull on a simple black t-shirt with jeans and sneakers. The mirror says my hair if fine so I leave it.

My mom is already gone at work. I lock the door and my phone rings. I read the name and of course it is Mateo.
"What do you need?" I ask him.
  "Good morning to you too." He says and then pause before speaking again. "How do you know I want something?" He asks.

"Well um, why else would you call me at," I take the phone away from my ear to see the time. "7 10, just 9 mi.utes before school starts on a Monday?" I ask him.
"True, so can I get a ride?" Mateo asks.
"Yeah I'm heading over right now." I hang up and drive to his place.

He is already waiting out side playing on his phone. I stop just so he gets in and drive him to school.
"I'll pick you up after my shift at the café." I tell him and he close the door. I hope he heard me.

I drive to the café and pull on the apron. I stand behind the apron attending the costumers. The café becomes less busy and loud once the workers have gotten their coffee and breakfast.

  The door bell rings but I was oblivious to it.
"Hi, can I get your number, name and address." I look away from my phone.
"Excuse me?" I look up and it's brunette

"Name, number, address." She repeats I punch into the machine infront of me the priced of a latte and a chocolate muffin.
"$9. 45 is your total amount." I tell her.
"I have to pay to get what I asked for?" She says I disbelief.

"No, your not getting any of that info. You have to pay for the coffee and muffin though." I respond pushing them over so I don't make contact with her. She gives me 9 dollars and 50 cents.
"Keep the 5 cents. That way when you see them you know what your missing out on." She says walking out.

"Okay." Is all I say. The door bell rings again. "What? Are you going to apologize now?" I look up and it's not the same girl. "I'm sorry, I thought you were someone else." I tell Leah a little embarrassed.

"No worries." She says. She is wearing jeans, a white t-shirt, with a jacket, scarf and boots.
"What can I get you?" I ask.
  "A blue berry muffin with a dark coffee." She says. I get her muffin and being to get her coffee.

"I've been looking for you." She says from the counter.
"Yeah?" I say.
  "Yeah, for a while actually. I didn't know much about you so I hoped to bump into you. I hot hungry and saw this place and came in. And now.i found you." Leah says.

"So you did. Why were you looking for me?" I ask her, putting the lid on.
"It's about what happned the other night." She says. I check the time.
"Hold up, my shift is over." I grab my self a coffee and muffin to eat to and tell the boss I'm done.

I sit with Leah at a both.
  "Okay, you were saying?" I tell her.
   "If what you wanted was for me to break up with Paul. It's done I'm not with him anymore." She says.
"Okay." I reply and eat my muffin and take a sip of coffee.

"Is that all your going to say?" She asks.
"Is think so I don't think I have to say anything else. Or should I?" I ask her.
"And I thought you had changed." She grabs her coffee and leaves. I sit there for a second before grabbing my coffee and trash. I throw it away and go after Leah.

She walk down the side walk with her hands in her pockets.
"Do you need a ride?" I yell at her. She stops and turns around.
  "If you can." She says.
"Yeah get in." I tell her opening the door for her.

"Where too?" I ask her.
  "The high school if you would. I need to get my brother." She says.
"Well I need to head that way too." I respond facing her and giving her a smile that she returns.